Chapter 6 "She knows what I think about"

~Iria~

8/3/24

Baby.

It feels odd to think about the story behind that nickname, the first words Ethan ever addressed me. I have always suspected that the reason why that nickname stayed was also because of that band Ethan was obsessed with back then, The Neighbourhood. They use the word baby in lots of their songs.

"What about the last girl you slept with?" J.D had a funny look in his eyes, he moved his eyebrows trying to tease Medad.

Everybody's eyes were on Medad, except Ethan's, he's been lost in thoughts for some time now. Molly was the one who started this, there were two topic of conversation that were always brought up when we met, if Medad's eyes were green or brown and what was the deal with the relationship he had with Erin Vallieres.

Vallieres, as he called her.

Erin was cheerleader, she left that clear every day she wore her uniform to class. She was pretty, blue eyes and blonde long hair always put up in a ponytail. Erin was a freak of pink, of those girls who had her notebooks with stickers and drew a nice cover in them, she was also Christian, she actually had one of those virginity necklaces.

A pointless piece of jeweler without meaning now that everybody in this room knew what she did with Medad.

J.D let out a short but loud laugh, I still had my legs over his, which moved when he put them on the table, leaning back he took his hands to the back of his neck.

"Do not answer, we already know the answer." He mocked.

Medad let out a soft grunt, giving a long sip from his drink right away. He was trying his best to ignore us all but we were very annoying, above all Molly.

"It's not what it looks like." He snorted with his cup still close to his mouth.

"It's love." Molly jumped already with that smile on her face.

When she didn't tell me to marry J.D and give her son a cousin, she told me to fuck Ethan, but everything in the name of love.

That's how she ended, a dark part of my mind mocked. I hated it, I got along with Molly but I couldn't help having this disastrous vision of life.

"It isn't." Medad stood up for himself. "It's just sex. Vallieres is just there whenever I want to get laid."

"So all the good girl stuff turn you on." J.D pointed out. My face had a repulsive expression since Medad last talked.

"That's call being an asshole." I added. Medad didn't care about my opinion, less about the insults I addressed him.

I had this impression that Medad didn't get very along with me. It doesn't make sense if you take into account that I shared many of his dark visions of the world, however he didn't really put up with me, I had heard him branding me as Living Dead Girl.

"Were you her first time?" Molly appeared to the rescue, distracting Medad with question before we would start a fight.

He gave us the same answer he gave us to J.D's question. None.

Silence in Medad meant that he found the answer too obvious to waste saliva in it. The way he avoided answering dropping another question caught me off guard, I didn't expect him to fix his eyes on me with so much intensity.

"Were you in love the first time they fucked you?" He had figure out the intention Molly had when she let out that question and was using it against us now. I clenched my jaw