Chapter 24 "Cause it's too cold"

~Iria~

29/5/22

"You are like a bee." I let out after releasing the smoke of the cigarette beside Ethan.

We had opened his room's windows for the smoke to leave it and because the weather in Spain at the end of May was suffocating. I was on Ethan's bed with my feet over the window, wearing shorts and a top as I released the smoke in the ring shapes I was so proud to have learned from Ethan. He was in the same bed beside me, his feet also over the window.

"It's the last time I let you smoke to release stress." He grabbed the cigarette from my hand abruptly then gave it a drag, showing me after that I was just the student who needed to learn from the master in smoke rings.

"Don't treat me like I'm crazy, it's true!" I assured fixing my gaze on Ethan's profile, he hadn't turn to me and I had a perfect view of how the smoke left his mouth.

He didn't wear a T-shirt, just some black shorts that reached a few inches over his knee.

"You are the exact definition of a bee. You keep pollinating flowers without bothering anyone unless someone messes with you, then you sting."

I had a first look of how Ethan's lips curved into a smile that led to a laugh, the smoke left his mouth while he laughed, he ran his hand through his face in an attempt to avoid the laugh my shitty metaphors provoked him.

"Following that metaphor then you are a fly."

He put out the cigarette on the metallic frame of the window. I waited for him to explain himself but he never did, I had to ask.

"Why?" I wanted to know.

"Flies fly over the shit, like you and your shitty taste in men."

I couldn't help nudging him feeling outraged.

"You say that because we are going on a school trip tomorrow." I guessed. Ethan shook his head.

"I'm not, you are the one who needed a cigarette to help her calm the nerves for the trip."

Now he was the one giving me small nudges with that tone that got flirtier as he talked, he had a smirk on his face.

"So reproaching me my shitty taste in men isn't because I want to screw your friend?" I made air quotes in 'shitty'.

Ethan cut the nudges.

"Why would it be for that if I told you I would help you to get my friend in your bed?"

I looked at him in search of the 'but' that he always loved to add.

"But he being my friend doesn't stop your taste in men from being shitty."

༄ ❅ ༄

25/3/24

I woke up at half past five in the morning today, I knew I wouldn't fall asleep again and I didn't want to wake up Ethan so I went to the sport center, there was something poetic in dancing feet away from the floor, hanging from a fabric from which you would get seriously hurt if you fell.