chapter fifteen.

S K E P P Y

as i led bad around the store, he chose what we needed and didn't need for baking — since i had no clue. he told me he had baked before a few times, with his family, so he knew more about it than i did.

by the end of it, we were purchasing sugar, flour, butter, sweeteners, food colouring, eggs and chocolate chips. i, of course, paid of it since it was my idea. and before i knew it, we were already in my car on the way back to bad's house. the sun was shining bright, and the temperature was rising by the hour which i was happy about.

i parked on bad's driveway, and then we got out the car and headed to the front door. bad unlocked it as i waited behind him, a large plastic bag in my hands. we entered the house and made our way to the kitchen. i was so excited!

after all the ingredients was laid out on the counter, we got to work. we decided on baking a cake! bad started filling a plastic bowl with flour and sugar, stirring it reassuringly. he then instructed me to crack an egg into the mixture, which i was excited for. i bashed it on the side and opened it over the bowl, but not only did the egg yolk get in, as did some shell.
"skeppy! not the shell!" he huffed, digging his fingers into the mixture to grab the shell. i cringed, laughing awkwardly. "sorry!"

after the cake was put into the oven, bad and i made our way into the living room to chill while it cooked. we both sat on the couch together and i went on my phone as bad turned on the tv.

"look at this." i giggled to myself, shoving my phone in bad's face. on the screen, it was a picture of skephalo fanart that had popped up on my twitter feed. it was a digital drawing of bad and i holding hands as we sat on a couch together. to be honest, it looked pretty similar to how we were now, except we weren't holding hands. although i wish we were.

bad smiled at the fan art, "that's so realistic." he noted, and my eyes widened.
"what?" i laughed, and then he realised how that must've sounded to me.
"wait no— NO NOT LIKE THAT! as in the art looks so realistic— it looks like a picture i mean! but its not! i didn't mean it like that..." his cheeks flamed up, and i laughed at his flustered state.
"bad chill! i'm kidding." i grinned, and he huffed in annoyance.

"unless..." i couldn't help but add on, and he looked up to me with complete shock.
"skeppy!" he groaned, slamming his hands on his face to cover the blush.
"i'm joking!" i wheezed, grabbing my stomach to try stop it aching from the laughter so much. "calm yourself."
"shut up, muffinhead..." he groaned, facepalming.

i took my phone back and continued scrolling through twitter. i came across a tweet from redvelvet... and thats never a good thing.

@redvelvet
skephalo are fr the 'two bestfriends in a room, they might kiss' but they will kiss.

i stiffled a laugh, and bad asked what i found funny. "you don't wanna know." i teased, he furrowed his eyebrows to me. without a second thought, he snatched my phone out of my hand and read the screen.
"bad!" i pouted, and his eyes scanned over the tweet.
"what is this!" he said to me, throwing the phone back on my lap.
"it's velvet, you know how he is." i rolled my eyes with a mischievous grin, liking the tweet.

bad huffed, turning back to the tv. he turned on the football, but i didn't care much for the sport so i didn't put any effort in to watch it. i continued scrolling on my twitter feed before i got a text on discord. it was from dream.

dream!
hows ur bf

skep
dont start calling him rhat omg
and hes gret
gret*
GREAT*

dream!
how cute
do you think he likes you back?

skep
i dont like him!
its just a small crush
hopefully it fades away son
soon*
and no, he doesnt

dream!
how do u know

skep
becusae he's straight

dream!
so were u until about a day ago

skep
oh go awau
i have to go bad wants me

dream!
he wants you?
sus

skep
NOT LIKE THAT
FUCK OFF

i turned off my phone, knowing damn well my cheeks were pink. bad had disappeared into the kitchen while i was texting dré, and he was now calling me into the room. i assumed the cake was done.

i walked into the kitchen to see bad midway through taking the cake out the cooker. he was wearing some big oven mits and he bit down on his bottom lip as the heat was starting to transfer through the mitten to his flesh.

"here." i said, shoving a tee-towel over my own hands before grabbing the cake from bad. i quickly put it on the counter and helped bad take his mittens off. "thank you." he smiled while putting both the gloves and my towel back in the cupboard.

we took a proper glance at the cake, and then burst out into laughter. prior to leaving it to bake, we added some red and blue food colouring, and a lot of it. it turned out a dark purpley colour, and we cringed at the sight. it was honestly kinda ugly.

"maybe it'll taste nice?" bad said encouragingly, and i scoffed.
"let's hope so."

after smothering some whip cream on the cake, we then cut off two slices, but not before taking a picture of the whole thing. we put our slices onto separate plates and made our way back to the living room. we sat down on the couch and bad was the first one to take a bite.
"mm!" he moaned in delight, he clearly liked the taste. i looked at him while he made that noise, feeling my cheeks going pink. why did he have to do that..?

i shook it off and turned to my own slice, eating a small chunk. "this is pretty good." i admitted before licking the cream off my lips.

after we both ate our slices, we put the rest of it in the fridge before settling down on the couch together. i had posted the picture of the cake onto twitter, of course.

@skeppy
this cake looks fucking shit, but it tastes good i swear!
*insert image*
}
@captainpuffy
wheres my slice
}
@redvelvet
is that actually cream or...

bad's couch had recliners, thankfully, so we both put the extenders up and rested our legs gently. i pulled a furry blanket over the two of us, and bad pulled it up to his chin.
"are you cold?" i asked him, and he nodded silently, not taking his eyes off the tv while he searched for a movie for the two of us to watch. i started taking off my hoodie, planning to give it to bad, and he didn't even notice until i shoved it onto his lap.

"what?" he asked me as he picked up the warm hoodie.
"you're cold, so wear it." i said bluntly, and his eyes were smiling. if that made sense.
"thank you." he grinned before shoving it over his head. his hair flung out the top and i smirked to him. he looked pretty.