chapter thirty-one.

S K E P P Y

as soon as i woke up, my first thought was badboyhalo. i had noticed that was a common occurrence now. bad was always my first thought in the mornings, and my last thought at night.

i wiped my eyes open with my palms before sitting up in the bed. i glanced around to the dark room, the windows and curtains were closed and the door was still slammed shut. i messily searched the bedside table for my phone to check the time, and eventually grabbed it. leaning back on the bed, i glanced at the time and my eyes widened when it said it was 1:15pm. bloody hell, i must've been tired.

i climbed out of bed and searched in my bag for some clothes. i just pulled out the first thing i could find which was a black hoodie with grey sweatpants, maybe not the most fashionable choice but i didn't necessarily care. after walking into the bathroom, i brushed my teeth and washed my face before walking down the hallway to where bad's room was. he might be downstairs by now, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

knocking on the door, i instantly knew bad wasn't in there since it was silent. i opened it nonetheless but was met with a cold, empty room. i glanced around, and there was no sign of bad being here so i shrugged and made my wat downstairs.

i looked around the living room, but it was empty too. i knew george and dream were still asleep since i had checked on my way down here, but i had no idea where bad was. i was starting to miss him.

i fished in my pocket for my phone and called bad's contact, wanting to get to the bottom of this mystery. the line rung and rung before eventually the boy picked up the call.
"hey." he said in his usual happy voice, but it was somewhat clouded as i could heard background music and chatter.
"hi bad, where are you?" i asked, getting straight to the point.
i heard a familiar voice, whom i identified to be sapnap, speaking from besides bad. he mumbled something but i couldn't make out the words. "i'm at a bar." bad said, and then sapnap huffed from his side.

"what bar? why are you there?" my eyebrows furrowed, where the fuck was my invitation? and he went with sapnap out of all people?
"i don't really know, sapnap dragged me here."
"i did not!" the boy shouted from besides bad, i rolled my eyes.
"when are you coming back?" i said, ignoring both of them unapologetically.
"i don't know." he sighed, "probably soon, i think we're done here."
"okay." i said.
"okay." he repeated, "bye skeppy." and then the line cut.

i rolled my eyes, trying my best to not care. but why didn't he invite me? i know i was sleeping, but i wouldn't mind being woken up if it was by bad. whatever.

i made my way back upstairs and into the room i was currently staying in. my body collapsed back onto the bed and i started scrolling through my phone aimlessly. i clicked onto twitter and glanced through my feed but there wasn't anything interesting.

i saw a few screenshots of bad and i's first meetup stream, and proceeded to save them all to my camera roll. it was nice having fans capture such lovely moments in my life, now i could have a picture to remember it by for the rest of my time on this earth.

a few hours passed and i finally heard the front door start to unlock. i bounced off the bed, throwing my phone behind me and then racing downstairs. my feet quickstepped down the staircase and my eyes fixated on the two boys walking into the house.

"you guys took ages!" i groaned as i approached them. bad sheepishly smiled at me before walking even closer to me and wrapping his arms around me.
"sorry about that." he mumbled into my shoulder. "this muffin insisted on taking me out."
"taking you out?" i stared, pulling out of the hug.

"not like that skeppy, calm your muffins." sapnap laughed, sarcastically using bad's version of swear words. "he's all yours now." and with that he swiftly moved out of the hallway and into the kitchen. my eyes followed him before he was out of view and then turned back to bad.

"whatever, he's an idiot." i shrugged, and then smiled at bad's presence. "i missed you."
"the feelings mutual." he grinned back to me, but then his face changed and he became a lot more serious.
"sapnap didn't just take me out for a drink, he wanted to talk to me about something." he said, and i nodded while edging him to continue.

"he wanted to talk to me about you and i." my eyes widened at that, what the fuck?
"what?" i mumbled, my eyebrows higher than ever before.
"he knows, about whatever's happening between us." he spoke again, and sighed quietly. "at first i denied it because i guessed thats what you would've wanted but he kept pushing and pushing and i had to admit it in the end."

i didn't respond, i just stared into his eyes as my mind covered a hundred thoughts a minute. "i'm so sorry skeppy, he was putting pressure on him to open up to him about it. he started asking questions about my sexuality and my past love life and i—"
"bad, stop." i cut him off while grabbing onto his shoulders. "its okay, stop. breathe."
"i'm so sorry." he whispered, looking down at my shoes.

"you have nothing to apologise for bad, honestly it's fine." i nodded reassuringly, and i felt him visibly relax. i can't believe he thought i'd be mad at him for this— if anything i'm mad at sapnap. how dare he pressure bad, how dare he upset my boy.

"he seemed happy about it though..." he mumbled, obviously trying to calm him down as he could probably sense the anger bubbling inside me.
"i don't give a fuck. he has no right to ask you any of them questions." i said, clenching my fist. bad seemed to shudder at the sight, but didn't say anything further.

"i'll be back." i said, and started walking away before i felt him grab onto my sleeve.
"skeppy, stop." he stated, staring me down. "breathe."
"i'm fine bad, i just want to talk to him." i sighed, closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths.
"no, not when you're like this. just calm down first." he said, sliding his hand down from my upper sleeve to my own hand. he interlocked out fingers and looked down at the sight, smiling gently. i, too, looked down at our connected hands and felt myself relax.

"sorry." i mumbled, now feeling rather embarrassed at my outburst.
"don't be, i get it." he nodded, "but there's no need to do anything. its fine. sapnap's our friend, he was only curious."
"but why did he have to act on his curiosity? it's none of his business what's going on between us."

"i wouldnt know what to say anyways..." he mumbled. his tone was no louder than a whispered and my eyes furrowed at that sentence.
"bad..."
"no— skeppy don't. its okay, i just wish i knew what was going on. this is all so confusing." bad said gently, and i could tell there was no real anger or sadness to his voice.

i understood bad was confused, fuck— i'm confused too. but i don't know how to change that. i'm so fucking overwhelmed...