chapter twenty-two.

B A D

i couldn't believe this. skeppy, my best friend of nearly a decade, likes me! how— what? when? why? i'm so confused.

"you like me?" i whispered back to him, and he finally looked up to me and gave me a toothy grin. the awkwardness in the air was undeniable, and the tension could be cut with a bloody knife.

"yes, a lot." he whispered again, both our tones matching each others. it was almost as if, if we came on too strong we'd scare the other away.
i looked deeply into his eyes, this was crazy. absolutely crazy. "i... i like you too."
"i kinda guessed— since you practically begged me to shove my tongue down your throat just minutes ago."
"SKEPPY!" i shouted, covering my flustered face with a facepalm. "shut up you muffin!" but he just burst into a fit of giggles, and i couldn't help but join in.

"so.." he said, panting his breath back. "what now?" and i looked at him curiously as i had no idea what now. did this mean we were boyfriends? did this mean we had to tell all our fans that instead of us being best friends, we were together?
"okay, okay breathe bad." he mumbled, his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed my breathing was starting to pick up. he probably noticed how much i was freaking out inside.

"before you start stressing out, this doesn't have to mean anything—"
"but i want it to." i piped in, before i lost my nerve to do so.
"okay, then thats settled." skeppy nodded in agreement. "i like you, and you like me. there's no going back now, bad." and i flashed him a goofy grin in return. "so what do you want this to mean?"

"what are you asking..?" i questioned, knowing i sounded like a total idiot right now.
"i'm asking, if maybe you wanted to go on a date with me?" he said, and it was almost as if he had planned that out. how else would he say it so perfectly?

"yes, oh my goodness!" i beamed, my eyes glistening with excitement and pure joy. i was going on a date, and i was absolutely thrilled!

we shared a gentle smile before skeppy pushed himself forward to kiss me on the lips one more time. this kiss was quick, just a peck to keep me grinning as he walked away into the living room.

i had no idea when this mysterious date was. am i supposed to assume its now? god, this boy was so confusing, but that didn't matter to me anymore. i liked him, and he liked me too.. suddenly, everything was okay in the world.