chapter fourty-four.

B A D

skeppy and i were now standing on his parents driveway, and they were all here with us saying goodbye. i don't mean to be rude, but i couldn't wait to get out of here. its not that i don't like his family, they seem pretty nice — even his dad — i'm just so anxious right now i need a moment to breathe. skeppy seemed to understand this and tell his parents we needed to go to make sure my dog was alright. which wasn't necessarily a lie. i hadn't seen rat in nearly an hour! i miss my little girl.

"you better come again soon, zak!" paula commanded, pulling her son into yet another hug. i realise this family is very touchy when showing their love.
"i will, mother. i love you!" skepy responded while hugging her back and then his sister.
"and tell me what happens with taylor and elise, i bet they won't last a week!" and his sister seemed to laugh at that, although i had no idea what they were talking about.
"will do, keep in touch."

then, skeppy finally turned to his dad and while they were also sharing a hug skeppy's mom turned to me.
"it was lovely to meet you bad." she said, holding out her arms to hug me. i grinned, hugging her back and i almost felt as though this was her way of showing she accepted me! i was thrilled!
"you too, paula." i smiled to her as we pulled apart and then skeppy's sister dragged me into a tight hug also.
"yeah bad you're so cute!" she squeazed onto my stomach to the point i thought i was going to burst. thankfully, skeppy pulled her off me before i died.

"bye guys, i'll call you tomorrow!" skeppy said as he opened my car door for me, and watched as i climbed into his posh car. they all said goodbye to him as he was also getting in the car. when he closed the car, we watched them in the window as they walked back into their home.

after they had closed the front door behind them, skeppy almost immediately pulled me into a warm kiss. his hands tightened on my cheeks as he leaned over the car controlls to press his lips against mine further.

"god i've been wanting to do that all day." he said after pulling away from me. i smiled back at him, "why didn't you?"
"i felt weird infront of my family." he shrugged as he turned back to turning on his car.
"or, do you mean your dad?" i scoffed, rolling my eyes in a jokey-way.
he side eyed me, but nodded nonetheless. "yep." i laughed in response, but said no more.

after skeppy had turned the radio on, we didn't speak for the rest of the journey home. my ears were full with the sound of the music blasting out his expensive speakers, and rocco whining in the boot of the car to get out. thankfully, it was only a ten minute drive so he'd be out of the car soon. i knew rat didn't like being in the car either, maybe it was just a dog thing.

we pulled into skeppy's driveway, i was once again blown away with how gorgeous his house was. i don't think i'll ever get used to it. him and i got rocco out the car and then made our way into the house. i was so excited for rat and rocco to meet!

"ohhh, rattt!" i sung loudly, hearing my small dog scratching against one of the doors. i opened the door and then came a fluffy puppy racing at me and attacking me with playful licks and kisses. "who's a good girl, lucy!" i grinned at her outburst of love, kissing her back on the top of her head. "and look who's here, its rocco!" i pulled rat regretfully off me to point her to the dog who was standing calmly besides skeppy.

rat took notice of the unfamiliar dog before her, and suspiciously went closer for a sniff. herself and rocco trailed around each other for a moment, smelling butts and rubbing noses as they pleased before they started licking each other which indicated to skeppy and i that they liked one another. thank god.

"want some food, bad?" skeppy asked me as he crouched down to stroke the two dogs. i glanced at my phone and read the clock, it was nearly eight in the afternoon.
"yeah. i'm starving."
"pizza?" he asked, and i immediately nodded.

skeppy got to ordering the pizza as i was letting the dogs out to the garden to do their business. skeppy's garden, wow. it was absolutely massive. the grass was freshly cut and the tree's had been trimmed elegantly. i dread to know how many gardeners he hires a week to keep his outdoors looking so perfect.

after the dogs were done i closed the door behind us and found skeppy in the kitchen.
"i ordered one cheese and one pepperoni." he stated and i smiled in happiness, knowing cheese was my favourite and pepperoni was his.
"also, where am i sleeping?" i asked.
"well.. i just assumed we'd share a room." he shrugged casually, "if we do end up staying here you could have your own room if you'd like but y'know.. for now."

i looked around the kitchen before settling my eyes back on him. i knew i had made a decision on where i wanted to live, i was just worried on telling skeppy as i didn't know how he was going to react. but i knew he had to know eventually...
"about that, i was thinking we could live...—"