chapter twenty-three.

S K E P P Y

i'm so fucked. not only did i just ask my best friend on a date, but i have no plans for said date. no doubt does bad want to go now, he's probably boasting with excitement! and i am too, honestly. but fuck, what am i supposed to do? i want him to enjoy our date, i want him to have fun — real fun. not just go on minecraft, or to a toy shop. i want this to be special. maybe; the movies? thats a classic. but then again, me and bad have opposite taste in movies. maybe; a soccer game? bad love's soccer, but i probably can't get tickets in such short notice. shit!

but then, i got the perfect idea. not for a date, obviously, i'm not that useful. but i know just who could help. i picked up my phone and called his contact in an instant, since its just on speed dial at this point.
he answered on the second ring, to no surprise. and i instantly screamed down the phone, "DREAM!" and i heard him let out a gasp with shock.
"FUCK! skeppy— god i hate you." he shouted, but then rolled his eyes with a giggly tone. "what on earth do you want, slacker?"

"so, hypothetically," i begun, knowing this was going to be a very entertaining phone call. "if i were to take someone on a date — where should you recommend?"

"YOU ASKED BAD ON A DATE?" he screeched, and i had to pull my phone away from my ear to dodge forming any hearing difficulties.
"and dream, i may have gave him a cheeky kiss, or two. or hell it was probably three, i lost count—"
"WHAAAAAT?" he wheezed iconically down the phone, which only made my grin widen. "SKEPPY THAT— THIS IS BIG!"
i giggled back to him, a sheepish smile lingering on my lips, "isn't it?"
"it is! congrats bro, i'm so proud of you. i need fucking details!"

"well, i don't know what came over me. one minute, we were eating breakfast together and the next we were snogging against the kitchen counter!" i chuckled as the previous events swarmed my mind.
"WOAH! i'm actually shocked." dream wheezed back into the call, "i knew you liked him but— i lowkey thought you'd be too much of a pussy to actually do something about it."

my jaw dropped at that, did dream seriously just say that? what a fucking idiot. "oh shut up, i'm no pussy."
"sure." he said calmly, "so, the date then. when is it?" and just like that, we got down to business.

i pondered for a moment, "today, like— now."
"wow, great! that leaves us without the option of dinner then, since you won't have time to make a reservation. i don't know— maybe you should take him somewhere? is there a place you two go quite a lot? somewhere meaningful, maybe.." dream suggested, and i racked my brain for any sort of ideas. i had only been here a few days, was there a place that i'd call ours?

and then it hit me. "bloody hell, how didn't i think of this sooner?!" i screeched with excitement after the idea settled comfortably in my mind. "you're a genius dream, i have the perfect date idea! thank you so much— i— god if you were here i'd kiss you."
dream chuckled at my gratitude, "don't think bad would appreciate that." and i just grinned wordlessly for a few moments.

"i'm gonna go set it up." my tone was excited— no, ecstatic. dream and i said our goodbyes before i fixated my mind on the place i had in mind. without a second thought, i rushed out the house and straight to the shop knowing i had some things to buy. this was going to be the best date ever, i was going to make sure of it.