chapter thirty-nine.

S K E P P Y

nearly ten years after knowing this boy, he still manages to amaze me.
"that's how your going to ask me?" i scoff, "while i'm in my bed, half asleep, looking like shit?"

"you don't look like.. that word." he said with a mumble, his eyes fixated on his socks. i could tell he was nervous, so i knew i should probably ease him from his nerves.

i sighed, getting up from my bed and walking towards him.
"yes, bad. i will be your boyfriend." i said simply, and finally his eyes raised back up to meet mine.
he whispers slowly, "you will?"
"of course i will, don't be daft." i said, pulling him in for a hug. i would give him a kiss, but y'know... morning breath and all.

"i'm sorry about, this—" bad said. "i did want to plan a nice movie night and ask you then but you know i'm not a very romantic person and i'm sorry and—"
"bad. please stop talking." i sighed, facepalming while laughing slightly. "this is perfect. i'm just glad you asked me, okay?" i grabbed his hands and held them in mine reassuringly.

"okay." he said swiftly in understanding and i kissed his cheek softly.
"meet me downstairs, i want to take you somewhere." i said, and then bad nodded eagerly and then disappeared off to his room to get dressed. after doing my morning routine. i then rushed to get changed as i was very excited to take him to this spot...

i made my way walking across the park, and then walked into the shopping center. i hadn't ever been here before, but i had googled the area and now knew what was here. after walking for another ten minutes i eventually found the building i was looking for and pushed through the doors. i walked through to the counter and pressed the bell satisfyingly.

"how may i help?" a ginger lady appeared at the counter moments later, half way through shoving glasses onto her face.
"hi, i'd like to make a booking." i said, glancing down at my watch. "for as soon as possible."
"okay! how many people?" she asked me, opening a notebook and writing stuff down that i couldn't read.
"just two." i said, and she nodded wordlessly as she continued writing.

we stood in silence for a moment until she closed the notebook and turned to me.
"that'll be $59,98." she said, holding the card machine towards me and watching as i pressed my card against it slowly. "okay! you're good to go." she said.

"you'll be in that room there—" she pointed to a door in the far corner, "so go in when you're ready. after you and your partner have your guns in hand and ready to go your hour will start!"
"okay, thanks. i'll be back in just a second i need to go get someone." i said before waving to the lady and then walking out the door.

i made my way back home eventually and quickly rushed to put the key in the door and unlocked it.
"BADDDDDDD!"