chapter twenty.

B A D

what is happening? why was i, once again, cuddling with my best friend? this wasn't normal. yeah, of course we would sometimes jokingly flirt over the internet before we met up. but now its different! now he's here! he's here with me.

maybe that's why my stomach does somersaults every time he enters the room. maybe thats why i blush every time i catch him looking at me. maybe thats why i feel these things...

he's my best friend, so why do i feel like he's more than that? the way my breath hitches in my throat whenever he says my name, that's not normal, is it?

of course it didn't matter to me that he was a guy, i've liked guys before. but why did it have to be him? why did it have to be with someone i genuinely care about? i'd hate to lose him and i feel like if this ever came out, i'd do just that.

fudge, i think i actually like him. well, now what? am i supposed to tell him? do i ignore these feelings? crap.

"bad..?" his quiet voice interrupted my thoughts, thankfully.
"hey." i said, matching his low tone of voice. it must've been only around 8am, so we were both still pretty tired.
"what time is it?"
"about 8ish." i answered, and he let out a tired sigh.

"i'm gonna go make breakfast." i said, slowly standing up from my bed. "what do you want?"
"just some toast for me, please." skeppy muttered, his voice cracking and tired. i smiled at the sound before exiting the room to go cook food for the two boys.

i popped skeppy's toast in the toaster before turning back to the counter to get some butter ready on a knife. when the toast popped up, i quickly buttered it until it had a layer of glossy texture to it. i repeated this process for three other slices before chucking them all on a shared plate which he placed on the dining table. i then made my way back upstairs to tell skeppy the food was ready.

"breakfast has been served." i said smugly as i peered my head past the bedroom door. i saw a black silhouette of his head lean up from the bed as he spoke, "okay, thanks." in a quiet, husky tone. muffin was his morning voice hot..

i headed back downstairs to go sit on the couch with my toast and starting eating away white happily. about three minutes later, i heard the floorboards creaking which told me skeppy was here now, finally.
"morning." i said cheerily, trying to move past the fact we shared a bed last night.
"hey." he said back, matching my happy tone. "thanks for the food." picking up his plate, he sat besides me on the sofa — making sure there was some good distance between us.

i picked up the remote to turn the tv on, flicking through the channels aimlessly. eventually i stopped it on the news channel and we both sat in silence watching the television while eating our breakfast.

skeppy thanked me once again for the food and then stood up to take both our plates to the kitchen. i followed him in after a moments consideration, and decided it was best we talked about last night and the numerous other times that had happened.

"hi." i said, leaning on the doorframe to the kitchen, trying to portray a calm, cool and collected look.
"hi." he said back, turning around to face me with a smile tugging at his lips.

"so, last night." the words left my mouth before i even had time to reconsider my approach. "we slept in the same bed."
"we did indeed." he said, almost as if it was casual, almost as if it meant nothing?
i spoke up once again, not being able to stop the word diarrhoea at this point, "and it wasn't the first time."
"it was indeed, not the first time." and there he goes again with the smartass act. god this boy could be infuriating.

"are you just going to keep agreeing to everything i say?!" i burst out, his fists clenching as i stood up right. who cares about acting cool, calm and collected anyway?!

"if thats what you want." he shrugged nonchalantly, which only angered me more.
"no! i want you to tell me your opinion on it."
"opinion on what?" his smile slowly faltered, and i scoffed with an eyeroll.
"oh, i dont know, the weather? on us sharing a bed many times you idiot!" i shrieked, standing up on my tiptoes for a moment before shrinking back down. a smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he let out a chuckle.

"i'm not sure what you want me to say."
"say what you think." i said, letting out a deep breath as i prepared for a worst.
"i can't do that, bad."
"and why not?"
"because we both think very different things..."

my eyes stared into his in a state of confusion.
"well.. what do you think? and i'll tell you what i think." i said, shrugging, and that seemed to satisfy him.

wordlessly, he pushed himself away from the kitchen counter and he strode towards me. his face was stern, almost as if he was a man on a mission. before i could ask him what he was doing, his lips were being pushed on mine forcefully. 

for a few moments, we both stood there. his lips were now only lightly pouting on mine, and there was no movement. i didn't dare move, not even an inch as i was scared what that'd result to. my eyes stayed open, staring back at the boy who's eyes were slammed shut awkwardly.

eventually, he pulled away and opened his eyes to me. "so," he started, "what do you think?"