chapter fourty.

B A D

skeppy had just ushered me out the house and into his car and now we were on the road going god knows where. every time i ask where we're going, skeppy flashes me a cheeky grin and turns back to the road.

i opened a water bottle and took a sip as i looked out of the window. i recognised this..
"town?" i asked him, and his grin only extended. "skeppy where are we going!"
"you'll see badboyhalo."

as skeppy parked the car in a vast car park, i glanced around and saw the building that was in front of us. "SKEPPY. YOU DIDNT." my eyes widened with realisation. i knew what we were doing.
"oh but i did." he laughed as he got out the car, and i copied his motion and we both stared at the front of the building.
"SKEPPY!" i screamed as my fists tightened, trying to keep my excitement to a minimum as we were in public. "YOU REMEMBERED?"
"of course i did! you said this was the one thing you wanted to do most in life so i made it happen. now come on!" he grabbed onto my hand and led me through the front doors.

let me explain where we are.
on one of my first days meeting with skeppy we did a stream together, and someone in chat asked us what one thing we wanted to do in life. i answered with going to a paintball place and playing a round, and even though skeppy initially laughed at my answer he actually took me!

skeppy, whom was still holding onto my hand, guided me through the waiting room and through a closed door. the room we were now in was dark and i could barely see around us. but after skeppy closed the door behind me, blue and green LED lights started flickered and showing the room more clearly.

"so we're doing a 1v1." he said, and i nodded while steading the paint gun in my grip. skeppy walked away from me to his own base, and i went to mine and we waited for the music to start — as that signals the games was begun.

well, i lost. skeppy absolutely destroyed me.
"that's not fair, you cheated!" i shouted as we were both disarming ourselves.
"what— how can you cheat in paintball?" he wheezed, squeezing his stomach he laughed.
"i don't know!!" i huffed, crossing my arms across my torso, and skeppy just laughed further at that.

"come here, you sore loser." he said, wrapping his arms tightly around my enclosed body, pulling me close in an instant. my face squished uncomfortably into his shoulder but i didn't resist.

after a further moment, skeppy dragged his taller frame away from mine, "now, come on."  he said, intertwining our fingers and leading me out the paintball center.
"where are we going now?"
"well, we're currently going back home to get changed, since we're covered in dry, disgusting paint. then afterwards we're going for dinner." he explained while turning his car engine on. i fastened my seatbelt and so did he.
"dinner? like a fancy dinner..?" i questioned, not feeling too fond of that idea. i've never been one for fancy things. i like park dates, paintball dates, the easy stuff. fancy dinners just make me anxious.

"if that's okay." he said, his eyes now glued to the road ahead of us as we made our way back home.
i mumbled, "its a bit scary..."
"what is?"
"fancy dinners, fancy clothes, fancy places.. it's not my think skeppy." i responded honestly, and he didn't answer for a moment and i started to wonder if he thought i was being ungrateful. "nevermind—"

"no no it's okay. i understand what you mean, i can cancel if if you want. we can stay home, get a takeaway and have a movie night if you'd prefer." skeppy said after interrupting me, and i couldn't help but turn down to my lap. now i felt bad.

"no its okay we can do the dinner—"
"no bad, i want you to be comfortable. we'll stay in, its fine i don't mind." he was clearly persistent, and i smiled back at him.
i lifted a hand across the controls and rested it on his thigh calmly, "thank you skeppy..." i notice him shift uncomfortably in his seat, and my eyebrows furrowed as i took my hand back off his leg. he wordlessly kept his eyes on the road and the rest of the drive home was silence.

when we arrived back at my home, skeppy and i made our way into the living room and he started setting up for a movie night. i strolled further into the kitchen to make us some popcorn, whilst he got the blankets settled and chose a movie. as i was walked back into the room, he took the popcorn from me and placed it on the table, then we both sat down onto the couch together.

"i've never heard of this movie." i said while shuffling closer to his side and staring up at the tv that was hanging against the wall.
skeppy lifted his arm around my shoulder, "it's a comedy, i think." he said, holding up the remote "you ready?" i crossed my legs comfortably and leaned my head on his shoulder, "yeah." and then the movie night commenced.