Chapter 7: Lucy Bennett

Hank looks into the room, before taking a glance over at his pair of detectives. The good score for the Intelligent Unit remains in tack as they were already able to locate one of the key females in the linage of stories that happened here. 

"We were able to locate her by pinging her phone after getting the number from Alex," was what he was told after they put her in one of the interrogation rooms. It was not one of the main people they wanted - obviously Felicia, Anthony and Randy ranked higher - but this could be a critical piece in heading down that road.

Now it was just a matter of what information she could offer, and how they would move forward with the information given.

"Did you date Alex Bowman?" Hailey Upton questions the female before her, only earning a chuckle in response. The chuckle irked the pair of detectives, because it was clearly she wasn't taking it serious and understanding the mess caused as a result.

"Date? Not quite," Lucy replies back with a smirk on her face. It only widened as she remembered the numerous nights they spent together in a three week span. "He was looking for a distraction, someone to just sleep with. I was looking to get my fix as the guys from the bar weren't doing it for me - so we hooked up over a couple weeks. It was nothing else. Is that why you brought me in? I mean, I haven't seen him in mo-"

"You dating him as caused quite a bigger issue!" Hailey opens the file right before Lucy's eyes, knowing she wasn't about to play jokes any longer. The quicker she got information, the quicker she could find the others involved. It was also allow Jay to come home to her sooner, to which she was more than anything looking forward to. "Someone saw the photos and went after him for information." 

"You are joking. You are tricking me...." Hailey slamming her first on the sheet with Alex's original statement quieted Lucy immediately as her eyes tried to scan the very words of the page. "I heard he was out of the car due to a concussion from a wreck or something like that. Please tell me he's okay." 

"He'll be fine - as long as they don't go after him again." Hailey flips it closed, knowing she'd shown enough to get Lucy's attention, and hopefully her co-operation. "They went after him asking for information about your sister, Felicia." 

"I'm not surprised, honestly." The frustration on Hailey's face virtue of the tone from Lucy in response to the questions saw the humor that threatened to follow the comment fade immediately. "Look, I don't involve myself in my sister's business. I never have involved myself. She's been involved for years, got deeper when she married Anthony. I tried to help her, convince her to get out of it, but never fell down that road. I moved away from Chicago to North Carolina because I didn't want any associations. I told her to not wrap me up in her stuff." 

"When was the last time you spoke with her? Do you have a current address or phone number?" Lucy shakes her head no, with a sigh. She wished she'd did as it didn't seem fair for Alex to get caught up in this, just like being mistaken constantly for Felicia wasn't fair for Lucy.

"Months ago. She called to wish me a happy birthday, to which I responded the same. She then asked if I could give her a present, some extra cash because she was running short due to Anthony being tied up in a bad deal. I told her to go to hell." Hailey's jaw drops in response as she wasn't expecting things to get as dramatic in response.

"What about Anthony? Or Randy Day?" Lucy shakes her head no at both names, wishing she'd never to hear them mentioned again. "Is there anybody who has asked you about your sister? Do you know anybody who has connections to her? Or the others?" 

"There was a guy that visited the bar a couple weeks ago...." Lucy takes a deep breath as she tried to remember every single detail about this individual. "I recognized him from being at the race track with Alex, actually. He was hanging around with a couple other drivers. He thought I was Felicia, actually. He said he saw me with Alex and knew I was wanted. I told him that I wasn't Felicia, I was Lucy - showed him my birth certificate and other ID for certainty. He then asked me if I knew where sh-"

"Did he look like this?" Hailey opens the file, slamming the image of Randy in front of Lucy's eyes, to which she gets a headshake in return.

"No because trust me, I'd know if I say Randy...." Hailey takes the image back, filing back in the file. Instead, a blank piece of paper and pen was placed in front of Lucy. This may not be the information they wanted, but she was intrigued.

"I want a name for this person who spoke to you. I want any information that you kno-"

"Daniel Ivy - or  that's what his ID said anyway as I asked him to produce it for proof of age, or at least said that. The real reason was so I could track his ass if he did something." Hailey couldn't help but admire Lucy a little for knowing to take this single step, knowing it'd help the situation. "Look, I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't mean to get Alex in this situation." 

"You should've thought about that before knowing your image would be plastered all over being sighted with him." Hailey then stands up and walks towards the door, though stops as she reaches for the door handle. Taking a deep breath, she knew her frustration over the case - or not seeing Jay - was getting to her. "I'm sorry, that was too far, as it's not your fault for those who you were born into. We can't control our family sometimes. For what it's worth, we're doing everything to protect Alex and find who did this."