Chapter 16: Kidnapped

Jay opens his eyes, glancing around the room. 

Where was he? What had happened? 

He goes to move, though can't move his left hand any further. He glances over his shoulder, letting out a sigh in seeing the fact it was chained to the wall behind him. He pulled with all of his might, using both his other arm and feet - but there was no way to break the hold on him.

What was he not remembering?

Then it came flashing through his mind in an instant. The trip to the airport. The men showing up, questioning why they were there. The threats made. The guns directed at him. The familiar burning of the taser against his skin, continuing to electrocute him until his eyes closed - and the person with him.

"Alex?!?" He calls out, franticly looking around immediately for the sight of his co-companion. What would they had done with him? What did they have in mind? What was going to happen?

"Jay...." He hears to his left, catching his attention immediately. He lets out a small sigh, glad to hear the voice, knowing he was at least conscious. The view also reviewed he was in the same situation himself. 

"Are you okay?" Alex simply nods his head in response, not feeling any pain at this stage other than his wrist from the chain that held him to the wall. "I want you to just stay calm and quiet, okay? Don't try to do anything surprising. Don't try to be a savior. Let me handle them. Let me take it all in." 

"The person who kidnapped us. Who is he?" Jay lets out a sigh, not wanting to ever relieve this experience once again. It was one of those cases he wished he could forget, and never see ever again. The pain from the experience still left a mark on him, but not as nearly badly as other experiences.

"Derek Keyes. I was undercover, posing a buyer to buy drugs, hoping to catch him in the act. He caught on immediately, shooting his own brother, kidnapping me. It was my life or the files of all of CIs." He then takes a deep breath, not wanting to think about the person who saved him, still upset at how things were left between them. So much for having a connection and understanding together. So much for being there through everything she endured. "Erin showed up with a fake box of files - they caught onto it. We got away, barely, as she stabbed the one guy with a dagger - before shooting Keyes in the chest as he went after myself and her. He was taken to jail, sentenced to pretty much life in prison. I never thought I'd see him ever again."

"Were you made aware of him being released before today?" Jay shakes his head no, which added confusion to the whole situation. However, he couldn't think about that right now. He had to focus on the situation they were in. He knew what Keyes' crew was capable of, and knew it wasn't something Alex would be able to handle. He was going to have to focus, and ensure it all fell on his shoulders if they had any hope of escaping.

"He's a tough son of a bitch who will do whatever necessary he feels to get the information he wants. We both just need to be strong, focused on survival and staying alive. It won't be long until they will figure we were kidnapped, and by him via airport surveillance. My team will be on the lookout, and if you thought they worked hard before - they work even harder when it's one of their own. Focus on survival, being strong, and ready for when they find us." Alex takes a deep breath, knowing based on Jay's words that it was probably tougher than he was implying to make that happen. After all, this was someone who was willing to do whatever necessary to get the information he wanted.

"You probably have a strategy in mind...." Jay glances over with a smirk, as it was impressive how quickly Alex read through him compared to a lot of other people he knew. "I am tougher than you thin-"

"When I say he'll do whatever necessary, he knows every torture method in the books. He wants revenge against me for what I did to him. He wants information that I know. Therefore, I am the primary target. So when I put the focus on myself, and tell him to direct it all at me, and savor you, I don't want you to speak up or try and stop him - no matter how bad it gets. I can handle it, okay?" Alex was intrigued by the words, but simply nodded his head in return. He wasn't about to cause a fight with Jay as he knew them fighting together was going to get them nowhere.

"I don't want you to sacrific-"

"I was trained for this. I got this, Alex. Just keep quiet, follow my lead, and hopefully Hank and the team show up sooner than later." 

They heard the door opening to the room, as Jay took a deep breath, leaning back against the wall. Another deep breath, and he knew it was time to do what he was trained to do.....