⋆ Paige x Reader ⋆

Requested by cyaninkling

Angst

Word count: 746

- - - - -

Sand in your eyes... wow aren't you happy you went out to visit a beach tonight.

Y/n was currently relentlessly blinking their eyes as sand had gotten in them. They let about a pained sigh as it continued to hurt.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah totally!"

They turned around trying to smile at the other one here, not wanting to upset their friend with their own misery.

It was a obvious lie though, easy to see through and Paige wasn't buying it. She raised her eyes at Y/n while twirling the pencil she was holding in her hand.

"Don't give me that, you can be honest about it." She pouted, feeling a little bad knowing she was the one who dragged them to this place.

"Honestly I'm fine." They replied, internally cringing as they felt sand in their mouth. "But maybe we should wrap this up and go back to the car, I think it's gonna rain soon."

She let out a giggle, waving away the concerns. She stared at the dark clouds covering the sea, it was a beautiful sight.

"Silly we can't leave just yet, my artwork isn't finished. Your free to wait in the car, I know it must be tiring to stand here so long."

"Na-ah not leaving you on your own here, what happens if you are swept away by the wind or water without me to catch you."

"I'm capable enough to handle myself." Paige scoffed, semi offended. Though she felt flattered her dearest friend wanted to watch over her.

"You are a stack of papers... and there is a enormous amount of water just meters away. Don't mind me being skeptical of that."

Without thinking Paige walked closer to the sea, daring Y/n to make a move. She carried her half finished painting with her, it was dragging through the side leaving marks in the ground.

"What are you doing?" They asked alarmed.

"Proving I CAN handle myself- AAHHH!" She replied with confidence before a particular harsh gust of wind blew her in the air.

The human immediately rushed forward but after standing still for so long one of their legs felt numb and of balance they fell face first into the sand. The sketchbook flew higher before dropping down in the water with a screech.

Y/n got up ignoring the sand as best as they could, jumping straight into the water. They felt close to tearing up as they couldn't see Paige.

They began hyperventilating, frantically looking around. The water was cold and was kept in almost drowning them.

Near the shore line was Paige who miraculously got swept that way instead of further into the sea. Y/n swan over quickly picking up their friend and carrying them to safety.

Their wet clothes where anything but pleasant and walking through the soft sand was hell but they finally reached the car.

With trembling hands Y/n turned the engine on, quickly putting on the central heating system. With some dry clothes in the back of the car they carefully tried drying of Paige.

The sketchbook had been silent, it was starting to scare the human.

"Don't you dare die on me!"

"Is..." She replied back, her voice almost a whisper.

Y/n moved her head closer to hear what Paige was trying to say, ready to comfort their friend.

"Is the painting alright, I spend a hour working on it-"

She let out a dramatic sigh as if the loss was to much.

"You where almost a goner and this is what your worried about." Y/n scoffed. "I can't believe it, your such a brat." They continued to say, secretly relieved the other was looking alright now.

"Hehe thanks for saving my my dearest friend."

"Anytime but don't act dangerous like that again, ever."

Y/n moved around in their car seat, finding a more comfortable position. There was sand everywhere, in their hair, eyes, mouth and ears but they didn't pay to much attention to it.

Gently they held onto one of Paige's hands, smiling at the contact. She meant a lot to them, even if the girl was impulsive and didn't think ahead of consequences she was their friend.

"I love you..." Y/n mumbled, their face starting to take on a pink shade.

"I love you most though!" Paige cheekily retaliated, blowing a kiss back.

- - - - -