⋆ Lily + Todney & Reader ⋆

Requested by LemonHoney666

The Reader is a parent/mom figure

The Reader is a parent/mom figure. Sorry in advance that the ending is edging more towards a angst ending than fluff.

Word count: 1183

- - - - -

Y/n watched from afar, through the shop window at the playground area. They where at the small local supermarket, just buying some groceries.

For a strange reasons they couldn't look away from the two kids standing near the swings. They stood motionless, almost looking lifeless but from afar it was hard to see it clearly.

There was something odd about those two...

"That will be €7,98-, would you like the receipt?" The cashier politely asked.

"Uh y-yeah I'll take the receipt." Y/n replied back, feeling like they finally snapped out of a trance.

They handed over the money before quickly packing the up the products in cardboard bag, the store didn't sell the plastic ones anymore as it was better for the environment.

Y/n crossed the street, letting out a tired sigh as their bag teared open. That was truly the downside of those cardboard bags, they didn't last very long.

They kneeled down to grab the things that rolled away. Two small pair of hands reached out holding onto the fallen items.

"Let us help you." Two voices said synchronized.

"Thanks." Y/n said back with a smile.

When they looked up they where greeted with the faces of the kids they'd seen earlier. Slightly startled the older human backed away.

They where currently at the car parking area, it was strange seeing the children suddenly pop up here. Especially since they where so far away just now, almost like they teleported.

But that's impossible-

"A bit clumsy aren't they Todney?"

"I would agree Lily, though they look very kind."

There was a long pause and Y/n was close to just walking away away from the scene. They had managed to reach their own car ready to go till they spotted a moving vehicle approaching much to fast into the direction of the twins.

Sensing danger they dropped the groceries rushing back to grab the two kids by the back of their sweaters pulling them to the other side avoid getting overrun.

The car passed by with a lot of noise and Y/n let out groan of pain having fallen on their side. But they pushed their own pain back, some kind of motherly instinct taking over. "Are you two alright?" They asked concerned, checking for any sign of injury on the kids.