⋆ Lampnold ⋆

Requested by anonymous

Sry this is short, hopefully it's still fluffy enough.

Word count: 363

- - - - -

Shrignold spread out his wings, letting the sun warm them up. Content he leaned forward almost falling of the balcony.

He quickly moved backwards out of instinct, his back bumping into someone's else torso.

"Careful~ Don't want you to end up hurt."

"Yeah, yeah- I can take care of myself you know."

Larry shook his head as if he didn't completely believe that statement. His playful laughter did die down after seeing the sour expression on the others face.

His eyes followed the butterfly, the patterns on his wings mesmerizing him. Even if he closed his eyes he could remember how it looked.

"Your really pretty, has anyone ever told you that." Larry mumbled, smiling softly.

"... No, no one has till you just now." Shrignold replied breathless, his face taking on a red shade.

The antenna on his head twitched, moving from side fo side. He really tried his best not to act to affected by the compliments.

The love teacher knew it would do no good to get involved with his coworkers, everyone here had there own issues. Yet he couldn't help coming back to visit the dream teacher.

Like a moth drawn to a light he couldn't resist turning away from the light that shined the brightest.

"Your not so bad looking yourself."

"Nahh don't lie now, we both know that ain't true."

Larry shook his head, the movements making the lampshade on his head shift position and now covering his eyes.

Shrignold chuckled as he saw him try to get it back in place but failing. To be fair it was kinda cute.

"Shriggy help me out-" Larry whined, as he couldn't get it right, his struggle continuing.

"Don't damage it, here allow me." Shrignold reprimanded, immediately reaching out and gently grabbing a hold of the lampshade before putting it back in place without much difficulty.

"Happy now?"

"Very much so~"

The lamp wrapped his arms around the butterfly hugging him, cautious to not hurt his wings. It only lasted a couple of seconds but was enough to make them both smile gingerly at eachother.

- - - - -