⋆ Manny & Reader ⋆

Requested by Nostalgia_Core

Platonic relationships, Angst

Word count: 1087

- - - - -

Manny tried to look for an exit, taking slow steps through the dark desolated room. It felt like he had been trapped for hours while it equally could've been mere minutes.

Feeling dejected and sad he curled up into a ball in the ground, hoping for one of his friends to find him.

He shouldn't have run of like that... especially not from Y/n.

Ever since the electricity lesson ended he felt like something was wrong. He couldn't pinpoint what it was but he knew it was important.

Vague memories of batteries being taken, a book being shredded and meeting a old lady played off in his mind.

But if he though to much of it his brain started to hurt from overthinking.

"Is... is anyone there?" He called out, hoping for a reaction.

"You think anyone would look for you after that tempter tantrum you threw." A deeper voice replied, condescending.

The child registered the voice, instantly feeling a shiver run down his spine as he realized his father had appeared again.

He was always there when he was at his lower points...

"It's been a while." Roy said almost solemnly but the lack of reaction he got agitated him and he almost spat out his next words. "Leslie, it is thanks to her I have faded into the background."

"Wh-who?" Manny timidly asked, the name felt familiar but if he tries to picture a face with it the imagine distorted.

"Have you forgotten already, I suppose your stupidity will never fade."

"I'm not... I'm not stupid."

The yellow man's expression darkened as he listened to the words of the yellow kid. He let out a evil laugh, before he stared down at the tiny version of himself.

"Don't deny it, even your friends think your a dumb useless child."

With a bit of strange power the former creator still possessed he made memories resurface. Memories in which a familiar tall red man and feathered bird ridiculed the small yellow puppet.

He tried to ignore the voices and images that flashed through his minds, trying to repeat the words that it wasn't real.

But it was still hurtful hearing Harry and Robin call him names. It reminded Manny of the friendship lesson-

Surprisingly Y/n voice nor imagine didn't appear, the roommate who had been more a abnormality ever since they made an introduction.

They just suddenly showed up not so long ago, always on his side. They where caring and nice, encouraging him to not give up even if the world was all strange it hurts to think.

"Y/n thinks I'm smart... and they encourage me even if I mess up!" He said trying to sound confident, trying to think of the positive.

"Ah right them... the second intruder interfering with my plans." The other mumbled, letting out a long sigh. "Once I regain control again I'll make sure to get properly rid of them."

"No you can't!" Manny shouted defensively, standing up from the floor to give Roy a daring look.

"You think you can defy me child?" Roy questioned, as his voice grew darker.

"Manny are you in here?!" A loud voice called out, it sounded concerned and worried.

The yellow kid quick on his feet rushed towards the sounds, not caring he stumbled over things in the dark.

Something sharp made a cut on his legs, he ignored the pain and blood. Focusing solely on the sound of the person he came to care for so much for.

"I'm here! I'm here!" He cried out, falling into a pile of boxes. Finally he came to a halt, even considering the possibility it was all a trap.

It wouldn't be the first time his father let him believe he was free and safe only to take it all away.

Y/n felt their unease growing as they twisted the doorknob, it just wouldn't open.

There had been a bit of a argument earlier downstairs involving the main trio, it resulted in Manny running of almost in tears.

That child was like your own family, seeing him in such a bad state was painful.

"Can you open the door on the inside?"

The lack of response was not a good sign, with more force they continued pushing the door. They took a deep breath before ramming their shoulder into the wooden barrier.

They fell onto the floor of the other roommate, quickly scrambling back on their feet. The light from the hallway made it a bit easier to see in the darkness.

When Y/n spotted Manny their heart almost broke at the state he was in. Sitting on the floor crying, having a fearful and desperate expression.

Just as you reached out someone had to interfere.

Suddenly Roy stood there, giving back a distasteful look. He lowered his head a bit, his whispering voice sounded raspy.

"You think they can provide for you? I'm the one who raised you, if you act compliant I'll forgive you your outburst from earlier."

"I'll do a better job of taking care of him than you ever could! Get your greasy hands of him-"

The human slapped the yellow man's hand away, picking up the yellow kid and holding him protectively in their arms.

Manny clung onto Y/n, finding comfort with their presence alone. The kind smile that was directed to him made him feel happy and loved.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. I got you my dearest child." Y/n mumbled softly, walking back toward the door.

"Do you really think I'll let you two go that easily." Roy stated, his voice dark and menacing.

"Hm-mm I think you will, after all there is someone who much rather wants to have a word with you." They replied back, oddly cheerful as they heard the distant sound of a piano being played.

"... You didn't-" He growled back but there was now a nervous undertone in his voice.

The former creator stared back into the darker side of the room feeling dread over come him.

"Be sure to give Leslie my regards~"

The fact they where now very much indebted to the ominous lady that held so much power was not all that pleasing to think about but it was it worth for now.

Y/n spared Roy one last glare, like he was trash before shutting the door behind them. Thankfully the trash would be taken out soon enough. Good riddance!

Now they could focus on taking better care of the ones who deserved it. With one hand they wiped away a few of Manny's tears.

You would love and protect him, forever and always.

- - - - -