⋆ Warren x Reader ⋆

Angst

Word count: 921

- - - - -

Y/n carried their heavy bags with difficulty, it was very tempting to take a rest and sit down. They where so tired...

There was a flash of pink through the crowd of strangers that where also at the train station, waiting at their respective stop.

It made them crouch down instinctively, panic arising. Though they knew they couldn't stay like that forever.

You could not afford to miss your train, the next one would only be available tomorrow again.

Five more minutes... then everything would be over.

Y/n was slumped down in one of the seats, their luggage neatly stored in the compartment above them.

They made sure they couldn't be seen from outside through the window. As they counted down the seconds in their head, for when the train would take it's leave the exhaustion slowly took over.

It was truly unfortunate, especially as the sleeping human didn't hear the following announcement saying the ride was canceled.

Waking up with darkness of the night outside instead of the brightness of the day was weird.

Why was it so dark... dammit did you fall asleep for that long?!

Y/n checked their phone, confused as they could see a few hours had went by. Confusion turned into worry as the realization sunk in that no one was around.

A dreadful feeling arose as they could see they hadn't even left the train station. It was now much more quiet outside.

Y/n tried to get one of the doors open but it wouldn't budge. With a heavy sigh they leaned their face onto the glass, wishing a station worker to find them and set them free.

It was the worst timing you've could've done that.

A bit further ahead a figure stood came to a halt before rushing over. He was slithering over the stones, a huge smile of relief plastered on his face.

It was none other than Warren and Y/n let out a horrified shout as they suddenly saw eye to eye, only the glass separating the two of them.

The thing they had been on the run from, the urge to leave the train has disappeared. It was at least a barrier to keep them from him.

Warren had been desperately searching for his beloved friend. He was worried sick something had happened to them.

Y/n had stormed off out of the his house with packed bags after they found out of his... his-

It wasn't a obsession but deep affection for them! R-Right!

The worm had tried to ignore the weirded-out expression he had gotten from the human as he went into deeper rambling about his love for them.

He knew it hadn't been the right moment to confess but his nerves got the best of him and he couldn't stop himself.

He said some things he probably should've kept to himself. Their friend had interpreted things wrongly.

Like watching over them 24/7 whenever he could as stalking. Or him cutting of bad influences from their life, he being a good friend knew who would and wouldn't be right to hang out with.

Now Warren was here to bring Y/n to his house and make things right.

"Are you trapped? Don't worry, I'll get to you."

Warren had put on of his hand on the glass, staring through the semi-invisible barrier at Y/n with a loving gaze.

The poor thing was trembling, how he wished he could hug and comfort them.

Once again he was completely oblivious to the real thing that caused the scared reaction. It was him.

Y/n shook their head, they knew it was no use talking to Warren. They quickly rushed back into the train compartments, looking for a hiding place.

Much further ahead they crouched down between two chairs.

It was quiet for a while, hopefull Y/n came to conclusion Warren must have left. When the sound of glass shattering echoed through the room those wishful thoughts where gone.

"Y/n where are you? Y-You don't have to hide, I'll p-promise I'll... I'll take of you." Warren called out. "You came come live with me, permanently. A-nd you don't have to worry about the r-rent."

You curled up on the floor, feeling like a mess. If only you hadn't accepted the offer to stay a few nights.

Y/n had been sorta kicked out from their old home due to money issues and the had been sleeping at friends houses.

Through connections they got place here and there. Eventually they where set up to stay at Warrens place.

It was the longest stay so far, surprisingly he hadn't mind the additional household member. In fact he was very eager, too eager to have someone to talk too and befriend.

Things started to go downhill, personal belongings started to get lost, the odd feeling of being followed when outside and friends avoiding them and cutting contact.

When worm had accidentally spilled the truth of him being behind it the human knew they had to leave.

Warren slithered closer, leaving a small trail of blood behind, it came from the wounds he got from bashing the glass windows.

He didn't even notice it himself... to occupied with finding his beloved friend.

"There you are!" Warren shouted with excitement as he towered over Y/n who was pressing their back again the walls. "Time for us to return to our home~"

- - - - -

Ah yes what a nice ending, the screenshot down below of a earlier comment of Cottagecoregoth713 fits perfectly for what happens next or should happen.