⋆ Unemployed Brendon x Reader ⋆

Brendon and Ethan shout a lot, they have some unresolved family issues-

Also I'll probably make a second part of this, don't know when though.

Word count: 1280

- - - - - -

The first lesson was over and it was time for the work teacher to go home. The briefcase wiped of some blood that was still left from the work accident with the yellow puppet.

"Ah what a great full filling day, better get home." He joyously said, grabbing his much smaller spare backup suitcase. Walking out the front door he couldn't help but feel like he was missing something...

That's right! He forgot his brother, how silly of him.

He quickly returned to the students household, calling out for his brother. "Unemployed Brendon, we are leaving!"

From a corner of the room, there was another briefcase sitting on the ground. Sulking about the poor treatment and lack of respect he was getting.

While his brother had gone out to teach the puppets he had taken the time to write some more.

"You know I have hate being called unemployed, cut it out Ethan!" He shouted back, quickly wiping away the tears that where forming in his eyes.

Meanwhile Harry was sticking his head though the door connected to the living room, hearing the commotion. "Why are you two still here?" He asked frowing at the pair of unwanted visitors. "Please leave."

"Just a moment and we will be on our way." Ethan said smiling, waving of the red mop in a condescending way. He adjusted his glasses, looking back at his brother. "Don't whine, if you would actually get a job I wouldn't call you that."

"I am writing a novel... I just need someone to help me publish it." Brendon mumbled, a smile almost forming on face as he thought of his novel. "And then I'll officially start my writing career."

He loved writing, now if only someone gave him a chance.

Ethan let out a a amused laugh, not taking the situation very seriously. "Ha! Writing, that is such a terrible idea. This is one of the reasons why your failing in life."

Angry the smaller briefcase stood up, pushing the bigger briefcase to the side. Marching out of the house without any plan in mind, he just needed to get away from his awful family member.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Anywhere that's not near you!"

After having walked like what felt like hours Brendon finally came to a stop. Looking at the sky he could see it wouldn't take long before it would start to rain.

Panicked, he realized his novel couldn't get wet, it was the only copy he had. But he wasn't exactly water proof either so storing it inside his body wouldn't do much.

He thankfully noticed a confined bus stall, so he rushed over. Brendan noticed there was only one person aside from him. A human was quietly sitting beside themselves.

When he walked closer the other smiled at him, polity nodding their head acknowledging the others presence.

Unsure why but feeling a bit flustered Brendan did the same, before staring at the road hoping the bus would arrive quickly.

"You can sit beside me, I won't bite." The human jokingly said, as they patted the space beside them on the metal bench.

Letting out a small chuckle the briefcase seated himself bedside the human. Much more aware of their presence now, to pass the time he occasionally glanced at his bench mate.

They where really pretty he had to admit.

In his mind he began wondering what they where doing out here, maybe also running away from their problems... like himself.

Nah probably not-

"I'm Y/n, what's your name?"

"I'm unem- BRENDON! I mean just Brendon."

The briefcase mentally cursed himself out for almost degrading himself like that. Having been called unemployed for so many times it kinda stuck at times.

Feeling majorly embarrassed he didn't dare to look up again. He didn't want to see look of pity or confusion on their face, he couldn't handle that right now.

He totally ruined his first impression!

When the bus came to a screeching halt, it grabbed his attention and he quickly rushed over entering the crowded vehicle.

After a minute the bus continued it's way on the road, making Brendon realize he was the only one who had entered.

Through the window he could see his bench mate getting smaller in the distance. He sighed... What was this strange feeling, he secretly wished he could've talked more.

Welp this dat couldn't get any worse...

But it could cause whiteout knowing Brendan had accidentally left his novel on the side of the bench. In his hurry to get in the bus he forgot his most precious item.

"He was quite adorable. Wish we would have had a chance to talk more." Y/n mumbled to themselves, staring at the silhouette of the bus in the distance.

As the expected rain began to fall they slowly retracted their legs. The buss stall may be covered at the top but the cold and occasional droplets of water still managed to find their way onto the metal bench.

When Y/n moved their hand to the right they looked up confused at what they where feeling. A stack of papers neatly folded onto eachother was laying next to them.

Oh no! It must have been the other person who left it here.

Carefully they picked it up, reading the title 'The ultimate forgiveness'.

Brendon let out a agitated groan as he stepped through the front door of his house... a house he sadly shared with his brother. Their parents bought it for them together.

He could see bigger suitcase in kitchen, making dinner. Ethan looked up, rolling his eyes at him as if his brother acting like a moody teen which kinda true. "Finally calmed down? We are eating chicken with rice tonight, I call you when it's ready."

Seeing the judgmental look he was getting and the inner voice that began chanting the words 'unemployed Brendon' something his brother liked to call him so very often he couldn't stand to look at the other.

He stormed of to his room, slamming his door shut, angrily seating himself at his desk.

After taking a few deep breaths he grabbed a pen, ready to write some more. He thought of his encounter with Y/n and it calmed him down, even better he felt inspired.

They had a nice calming voice and given him a look which had been nothing but kindness. If he had have more courage he would've asked for their number.

Maybe they could've been friends.

But... there was a problem- The papers that held his novel where gone.

"AAAAHHHH!" Brendon loudly screeched out in pure dread.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Ethan shouted back from the kitchen.

Y/n took sip of their tea, enjoying the warm feeling it left in their mouth. While eyeing up the chocolate cookies that where placed next to hem.

Looking away from the sweet treats the human decided to look through the stack of papers once again. It was a intriguing story and had been a great way to pass time as they had taken the bus ride back to their own place.

Something like this should be published, for everyone to see.

When re-reading the novel Y/n noticed some important information scribbled down. Remembering the name of the suitcase, which was Brendon they grabbed their phone dialing in the number they found.

The little guy deserved to get his personal belongings back and maybe this was also a good opportunity to get to know him.

- - - - -