It's Not Easy Being Me

Edited by Vanessa

Nicole's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Are you fucking kidding me? It seems like I just feel asleep a few minutes ago"

I open my eyes to see my clock had indeed read 6:00 am, time for me to get up

I suppose.

Lifting myself up out of my soft bed and walking to the bathroom, looking up into the mirror to see brown eyes staring back at me "First day to my last year of school, let's get this bullshit over with" I say as I turned on the water for my hot shower.

Enjoying the hot water all over my tired body as I washed myself and my hair, sometimes having long hair can be a pain but I love it at the same time. After finishing my shower, I get out and start blow drying my hair, hoping it won't take very long while I checked my phone at the same time.

I see I had got a new text message but already knew who it was from, Vanessa.

She texted me: "Good morning bae, I hope you'll be ready soon because I'm picking you up. We don't got time for being late this morning"

I texted her back: "yeah I know, come to my house at 7:30 I should be ready then"

Finishing up drying my hair I go and straighten it, taking forever since usually Vanessa does it for me and almost burned myself 4 times. 4 FUCKING TIMES!!!

I walk back to my room and see Vanessa texted me back again.

Vanessa: "Ok bae but you better not be burning yourself trying to do your hair and I'll be there soon"

I replied ok and got in my closet, looking for anything good to wear for my first day. Finally I find my black tights with a Parental Advisory shirt, putting on black flats to keep it simple. I didn't really feel like dying in heels today.

Once I'm dressed I go to my mirror again and put on lip-gloss with some black eye shadow. I don't really do make-up but when I do I put on light makeup that you don't notice much.

I check the time and see it's 7:25. I look up in the mirror one more time, seeing and sighing to myself "Time to be the person they think you are Nicole."

Leaving my room and walking down the hall, smelling cigarette smoke in the air 'I guess mom is finally home.'

I come to my parents door and open it, I see my dad getting dressed for work and intently feel worried. He shouldn't be working much.

Nicole: "Dad you shouldn't be working, your sick an-"

Eric: "Nicole. I'm fine and don't worry, I took all my medicine and feel better. Besides I need to take care of you and your mother, go to school and have a good day baby".