At Least I Tried

Nicole's POV

Edited by Vanessa

Justin, this boy.

One minute he makes me want to hit him with a bus then the next minute I just want to have him all to myself.He's an ass one day then sweet the next and it's getting on my nerves.

But I can't lie to myself at least, he's gorgeous, with his beautiful blue eyes and god-like body, he was so perfect. Ok, I'm getting off track here but he was different or felt different to me just like Marcus was.

-------------------------------------------------

Flashback 2 years ago

Marcus is amazing, we been friends for about 2 months now and he's been nothing but sweet. Every morning he would text me, giving me a sweet message to start my day then at night do the same. I really like him.

It was the end of the school day and Vanessa was walking out the school with me, I already told her all about Marcus, but she had never met him before. He offered to pick me up and take me home today even though I told him me and Vanessa were walking to my house. He said he would just drop us both off.

"NICOLE I AM TALKING" I hear someone scream and, of course, it's Vanessa, I look at her and she smiles at me "This boy must be something special, he got you day dreaming and shit."

I rolled my eyes and can feel my face getting hot "Shut up Vanessa" she just laughs but stops when she sees a jeep pull up at the front of the school.

"Is that him? Nicole...He is fucking hot oh my god" She said as she ran over to the jeep, oh lord Vanessa don't embarrass me. I walked over in the middle of them talking.

"I don't care, just leave this one alone" What is she talking about?

"No. She's different and I want her" Her? Who is her? I can feel my heart hurt a little at the thought of him with somebody else.

As soon as the both seen me they stopped talking, Vanessa got in the back seat and I was going to sit next to her, but Marcus ask me to sit with him. The car ride was mostly quiet, the only time it was any noise it was me and Marcus talking about anything.

Finally, we pull up to my house, Vanessa practically jumped out the car and went to my front door, what's up with her?

I was about to get out, but a hand grabbed mine and interlock our fingers together "Nicole" I turned to him and seen a serious look on his face "I been wanting to ask you this for awhile now...I think you're beautiful, one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen and I would love it if you went on a date with me."

I felt my face get hot from his words, he wanted to go out with me? He wants to go out with me!

I can't help the goofy smile coming on my face "Sure I'll go out with you" he smiles widely and kisses the back of my hand making me shiver.

"Great, I'll pick you up at 8 on Friday beautiful" and with that we say goodbye to each other as I get out the car. I walk to my door and see a red and pissed off Vanessa.

"What's wrong?"

"You need to stay away from him, he's not good for you."

"Vanessa, you don't need to be protective of me and Marcus is the nicest guy I ever met" I open the door for us and Vanessa walks inside, not before saying "You're only gonna get hurt."

I brushed it off as I went in, but I wish I listened to her that day and cut off Marcus then and there.

----------------------------------------------------

We've been talking for awhile, Justin kept talking as we went back and forth about our lives. I learned that both of his parents has great jobs, he has an older sister that's in college right now, surprisingly he's an honor student and is working on getting a football scholarship. I was jealous, life was going great for him, I envy people like him.

I told him about myself but kept out somethings like my mom, he doesn't need to know about her. I was about to speak again, but I heard banging on the door, Justin gets up to open it.

I figure this would be the right time to change but stop when Justin door busted open and standing there was her and Justin "Is she why you left me at the club?" she pointed to me and I can already feel myself getting pissed off "If you're going to leave me at lease get someone better" her annoying high-pitched voice said.

Justin turned a little red "Sandy don't-" I cut him off by holding up my hand and had stood and walked over till I was in this girl's face, she was about to say something, but I cut her off too.

"Look you need to understand one thing, I don't want him. I'm not even his friend and probably will never be, he was just being nice and helping me when my friends were not there for me so don't fucking talk when you don't understand what's happening" I pick up my dress off the bed and push through both of them.

I get dressed back up and go sit in the living room, I can hear what's her name yelling at Justin for not defending her honor. I was thinking about walking when a lady came into the house, she reminded me of Justin so I'm guessing it's his mom.

She walked up to me, sticking her hand out and smiled "Hello, nice to meet you I'm Justin's mother Ms. Cross" I stand up and shake her hand "Nice to meet you too I'm Nicole."

"Are you waiting on my son?" I nodded and she shook her head "He's probably with that girl" before I could say anything she went up the steps, I hear a door open and yelling. I guess they were doing something, Justin comes down fixing his clothes and smiled at me.

"Ready to go home?" he picks up his car keys.

I rolled my eyes and leave out the door, I don't need another Marcus.

-----------------------------------------------------

You all deserve this chapter and its longer, I had some writers block but I now know how I want the story to go now and you are all in for a treat

If you like the story up vote it and leave a comment telling me how you feel

Until next time

xXWilliowsByErikaXx