Brothers

Ally's pov:

I don't know how or when it happened, but I think Zoe and Claire somehow got Dylan and Bryce in on their plan to isolate Axel and I together at any chance they can get.

First, it happened just as we arrived at the party. As soon as we stepped into the kitchen, Zoe realized that she "forgot" to go to the bathroom, and only needed Claire to go with her. Then, Dylan and Bryce had to go talk to someone that Axel apparently didn't know and disappeared on us as well.

Next thing I know, it's just been the two of us for the past hour with none of them in sight.

I don't know if Axel realized what they were doing as well and decided not to say anything, or if he was actually clueless about it.

Either way, it's been nice being able to talk to him one on one.

I had worried that cuddling all night and waking up in the same bed would have caused an awkward tension between us, but it seemed to do the exact opposite.

We seemed to be closer than ever. Casual touching here and there, me putting my hand on his chest, him wrapping his arm around my shoulder. If anyone didn't know us, I'm sure that they would have thought we were a couple.

We were basically acting like a couple, without, you know, the kissing and all that...

"How about this, I'll bring my own sanitation wipes, and I'll wipe it spotless before you get on," Axel says, and instantly, I shake my head.

I may or may not have mentioned how I would rather hold a snake than walk into the gym and use the machines. If there is anything that scares me more than venomous reptiles, it's the thought of billions of germs and diseases that grow in that gymnasium.

Especially, an on-campus gym that thousands of nasty, unhygienic college students have access to.

"I feel as if this is an excuse to just avoid the gym altogether," he says, crossing his arms over his chest while giving me an amused grin.

"That is not true!" I argue, looking away from him so that he couldn't see that it was indeed the truth.

I'm guilty, alright?

I hate the gym. I would rather just go on a run outside than confine myself to a room that will make me miserable to be in. The air is hot, sticky, and humid, and there are always older guys who can't keep their wandering, perverted eyes to themselves.

About a year back, Ella got a burst of motivation one week and said that she wanted to start going every other day to the gym to get in "shape".

Me being her sister and all, she had forced me to join her so that she wouldn't have to go alone. We ended up only going about three times until Ella lost that sudden motivation and decided that sitting in bed and watching Disney movies was more "her thing."

"Fine, I'll drop this conversation for now, but don't think that this is the end."

"Why? Because I'm clearly, right?" I ask, squealing as he pokes me in the ribcage.

"Because..." he grabs the empty red solo cup from my hand and fills it up for me, "we have more important things to talk about." He says in fake seriousness, handing the cup back to me.

"More important things..?" I question, not understanding what he meant by the sudden change in coversation.

"Yeah, like your promise to me." He says.

I try to rack my brain for any promises I've made since I met him. I end up cursing myself in my head, thinking that I probably said something when I wasn't sober.