Showtime Calls For Shaping Up

Luz's eyes slowly began to flutter open as the sun's warm light shone through the window, thankfully not hitting her directly in the eyes.

She tossed and turned before finally accepting that she was now up, forcing herself to sit up in her sleeping mat instead of just laying there.

Immediately expecting her alarm that was supposed to go off any second now, she basically threw herself over to it and slammed her hand down onto it, shutting up the expected alarm clock noise for the day.

She let out a breath of air as she tilted her head, realizing that she had woken up around 30 minutes early.

"Ugh, really?" She groaned, falling back down onto her sleeping mat, turning over on her side. "You know, I really expected to sleep in after the-"

As her eyes finally began processing her surroundings, she trailed off.

She had gotten so used to waking up alone that the idea of waking up before Amity felt impossible.

Obviously, it wasn't because she was right there.

Asleep.

Luz's eyebrows furrowed as she sat up a bit, tilting her head to try and get a better look.

"Wait, is she actually..." She trailed off once again, looking at Amity for any signs that could indicate that she was awake and not actually asleep.

As she closely examined what she could from where she was, she saw Amity's eyes closed and her mouth slightly open. Still, she couldn't tell if Amity was faking or not.

As soon as she heard the sound of a small snore leaving Amity, Luz accepted it, letting out a breath she didn't know she was keeping in.

She looked off to the side before shaking her head, laying back down on her sleeping mat with her back to the floor.

"What even happened yesterday?" She quietly spoke, extending her hand up to the ceiling. "I'm so..."

"Confused."

Her face scrunched up as her eyebrows pressed against each other, with Luz trying everything she could in that moment to try and figure out any explanation on what happened yesterday.

As she gave up, she groaned, letting her hand fall back down to her chest.

The sound and feeling of a vibration immediately pulled Luz away from her thoughts, jumping up a bit as she instantly turned her head to it.

She untensed as her eyebrows furrowed once again, reaching her hand out to the source.

Her phone.