Chapter 27

Type 1

I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. And the other part of my soul doesn't seem to recognize you at all.

Dylan and I arrived at Jay's house and parked his car in his massive driveway. I didn't park properly and left it quite crooked. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut, looking over to see his house lit up from the inside with lights shining outside. Hearing the ecstatic and insane screams of the teenagers.

Dylan was reaching up beside me and staring up at the building. He sighs deeply and turns to face me.

"Whatever you see inside, just try to remain calm," he said, encouraging me to keep my composure in this situation.

I clench my fists and look over at Dylan with a half-annoyed smug grin. "I'm not going to keep my cool. I'm mad." I raised my voice and was about to storm off when he tried to stop me, but I pushed past him.

I stormed up to his house and saw that his door was wide open. I scoffed and immediately noticed that his house was insanely packed. There was no room to move around, you had to squeeze your way through.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before going inside. I opened my eyes and felt my breathing tremble as I looked ahead at the large crowd. I was about to walk further in when Dylan grabbed my arm and I turned my head around to stare at him. He gently pulls me back towards him.

"Hold my hand, I don't want to lose you in there," he said, looking around the house with his brown eyes.

Before we went inside, his jaw tensed and he gripped my hand tightly. He was in front, and I was close behind him, and our hands remained in tact. I gulped as I took a deep breath and looked around, feeling extremely claustrophobic. I've never liked the feeling of being in a confined space, or of people unintentionally touching you. Ugh, their sweaty skin gliding against mine.

As I continued to look for Jay, I stood close behind Dylan and gripped his hand firmly. Dylan and I approached the staircase, standing at the bottom and looking up.

He turns around, his hand still in mine. "I'll check his room, you wait here," he said, looking around to see if I was okay with staying here.

"What, no, I'm coming with you," I argued, eager to accompany him.

I was about to take a step forward when he put his hand beneath my chest, near my stomach. "I'll be quick, just keep an eye out if you see him around," he said as he rushes up the stairs, nodding his head.

I sighed deeply and crossed my arms, not wanting to be seen as a headless chicken waiting around. I spun around slowly, staring and observing everyone else. As I stood at the bottom of the stairs, staring at everyone, I rolled my eyes.

" Ariiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

When I heard my name called out, I turned around to see Natalie and the others hurrying over to me. She rushes over and places herself in front of me. I take a moment to admire her attire. She was dressed in a pink dress with short puff sleeves and an off-the-shoulder neckline with white elastic peeking through. To achieve a full exaggeration look, the bottom half of the dress has some tulle underlay. She wore the gown with white heels with straps that wrapped around her mid-ankle. Her ginger hair was pulled back into a low bun, and she wore large puffy earrings.

"You showed up!" She yelled over the music, leaning in and tightly hugging me. I returned her hug with an awkward smile.

I laughed, and we both leaned back, staring at the others. Trish, Nyah, and Rue. Trish wore a two-piece outfit consisting of a see-through lacy shirt that exposed his bare chest and tight black latex pants. Nyah wore jeans with a high waist, a black strapless crop top, and a black blazer. Her curly hair was tied back in a high pony tail, showing off the definition of her curls and the baby hairs which she gelled. Rue was dressed casually in jean shorts and a simple white shirt, with her jet black hair down. She didn't seem to want to be here tonight.