Moving Day

Gail
I am prepared for all hell to break loose, attorney Griffin was a piece of crap for pretending he had these people served, he lied. He also knew what the Morton's did to Carla Steele and then to Ray Steele. They planned on getting rid of Anastasia by selling her to the highest bidder as a virgin. That was one of the reasons Stephen was so angry about the birth control and had figured out that Anastasia was no longer a virgin. I don't trust the Abernathy guy anymore because he's been rushing us through the signing of the paperwork. I decide to look at it with a friend of mine before I sign anything. He then threatens to withhold payments to any of us. I dial Carrick Grey and ask him to please come by Abernathy because we definitely need help. I see Mr Abernathy change his stance and he's more accommodating and that makes me even more suspicious of the paperwork he is trying to get us to sign. First of all why did they allow the Morton's free reign to everything that belongs to Anastasia and then they found out about the sale attempts and did nothing. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Carrick
I was in the area and I told Gail to call me if a skunk stinks up the meeting with miss Moses. I arrive and Abernathy did indeed show up to the meeting with a pile of papers for them to sign and was trying to get them to sign immediately without reading what they were signing and if they failed to sign they wouldn't get any checks for anything. It's miss Steele's money not theirs to withhold. Time to get a review on the Steele portfolio and see what Abernathy has been hiding. I look over the documentation and I terminate the meeting taking everything they handed me to get my clients to sign. I ask miss Moses if she knew about the document that was at the end of the pile and she looked at it and then at Abernathy and gave her resignation and was going to the bar to get his license reviewed. I offer her a job after looking at the other documents. I tell Abernathy that I am going to have an audit ran on the Steele accounts and if their is one penny that was spent on anything other than caring for Miss Steele he would be paying it back. Once we leave I get the paperwork started on freezing the assets of the Abernathy firm and in particular Abernathy and his wife's assets. We all leave the office leaving Abernathy sitting there looking like his head could explode. Miss Moses tells me that her assistant is great and she wants her to come with her. I agree and we will work out everything and she will be working on  the Steele files. She starts having the assistant make arrangements for all the files to be sent to the Grey law firm. The signatures are added to the letter after we get it printed. My assistant has it ready to go along with the orders to audit Abernathy and his whole staff's accounts and see if they have been using the Steele account for their personal piggy banks. I am also filing a law suit on behalf of Miss Steele and her parents for malfeasance. This could end Abernathy Law Inc. as it should be if they did what I think they did and let Griffin get away with it. They had to know what was going on with their biggest accounts child. They turned a blind eye. I saw the files after hearing about the attack at the hospital I started digging. Plus my son was insistent that I check on this girls case. Christian has never been so frantic about something in his life as he was for this girl but he wouldn't tell me why. Elliott did that and when Gail called me I told her to call me if Abernathy joined the meeting and brought papers with him for them to sign. I knew he would so I kept close by just in case. Then I stole his most recent hire from him. We tried to hire her but she had already accepted the job at Abernathy. I am reading through everything and I point out documents that he included that he would become the guardian of miss Steele's and would manage her company and all her assets. Basically giving him the right to sell everything off leaving her on the streets. Then she couldn't sue him for any reason now or ever. I laugh at how badly everything was written, but it was iron clad on the face of it all. He even had an eviction notice that he left in the pile for evicting Miss Steele from her own home. Thief. The freeze on all the Abernathy law firms assets are in place now. It took the judge two minutes to look over the documents in front of him to order the freeze. They are freezing the Steele accounts as well. Anastasia is suing for all Abernathy's assets and will win most of them. We did get the judge to order a million dollars be released today to assure everyone gets paid. The forensic audits should be done by the end of the week. They are running the same audits on Griffin, Lincoln's and Morton's. The boxes just keep on arriving from Abernathy regarding the Steele's files. We move them into a locked room with a code. Miss Moses knows where all the bodies are buried. The bar is expecting my call back to let 5hem know when I will be bringing evidence against Griffin and Abernathy. I have Anastasia sign for release of her medical records and for her to retain us as her attorneys. This is what Christian would want, me assuring this child is safe. Grace would be proud that he was thinking of protecting the young lady.