CHAPTER-1

In Desai House in London,

"Papa, I am going to India and that's final." Screamed Reena Desai tossing her pretty head and charging up the stairs to her room. Rajendra Desai shook his head at his daughter's stubbornness. He turned towards his wife's photograph and sighed, "I gave her all the love in this world so that she won't miss you but I think that became the reason for her stubbornness." Reena went to her room and picked up her mother's photo and said, "I love Papa but sometimes I feel he doesn't understand my feelings at times, I wish you were here." Tears spilled from her eyes. She quickly wiped them and resumed packing her luggage. She checked her Passport, Visa, ticket, her admission letter, and all certificates and finally, she packed her photo frame. It had three photos, one was a fourteen-year-old Reena with her parents, a young adult Reena with Rajendra Desai, and Reena's Mother alone. She went down and found her father waiting in the dining area for dinner. She sat on her chair and saw him and Rajendra Desai saw both staring each at other for a while their eyes filled. Rajendra Desai got up and hugged her and said, "Beti you are the apple of my eye that restricts me from sending you away." "Papa, even though I love you a lot but MBA is my dream and I wish to find my roots, that is why I want to go to my Mother country." "Beti, India is your Mother's country you are a citizen of London, so think once more." Said Rajendra Desai patting her head. "Papa" whined Reena. "Okay as you wish, but when you return you must marry the person I choose, Okay?" asked Rajendra Desai. Reena nodded and got up and hugged her father, Rajendra Desai broke the hug and fed Reena dinner and they left for their rooms to sleep. Reena set the alarm as she had a flight early in the morning and snuggled into her bed with her teddy.

The next morning, Reena woke up and got ready, and came down with her luggage. She found her father waiting for her near the door, she hugged him and the servants loaded her luggage into the car and they left for the Airport. Reena hugged Rajendra Desai and kissed him and went inside the airport, checked in, and boarded the flight for Bangalore.

After a long journey, Reena reached Bangalore Airport, it was 8 pm when she reached Bangalore, finished the formalities, and came out. She breathed the Indian air after years. She hired a taxi and reached the Campus of Bangalore University, she was taken to the Girl's Hostel by the maids, she met the warden and got her room keys. She went to her room, opened the door, and switched on the light. It was a fairly neat room, but Reena's room in her house in London had more square footage than this Hostel room. But she didn't mind it even a bit. She plopped on her bed and closed her eyes, and she heard a knock she got up and opened the door and found the maid. The maid said, "Usually around eight dinners will be served but as today is the first day you can go to the Mess anytime." Reena nodded and freshened up quickly and left for the Mess.

Reena went to the Mess and got her food, Rotis and Dhal were served. Reena tasted the food and she felt the urge to spit the food, the roti was hard and the dhal was salty. She was a pampered child and all this was new to her. She thought of her father and her eyes filled. Though Reena wanted to dump this food on the server's head she went on with her food as she was very hungry.

Post-dinner Reena made a video call to her Papa, Rajendra Desai attended the call immediately. "Reena Bache, I was waiting for your call." He said. "Papa, I reached the campus safely and had my dinner and you also eat your food and have your tablets." Said Reena and they talked for a while.

After the call, Reena checked her schedule, the breakfast was served at 8:30 and she had to go to the assembly hall for the Introduction session. And then Campus walks and there was an Inter-college cricket match in the afternoon. Reena dozed off thinking about her new college life.