Game XII: New Accountant

"Yamato gets paid?!" Misaka says surprised. "Of course, he does he is a permanent member of our guild." "Well, how come I haven't been paid yet?" Misaka asks. "That's because you will get paid after your 30-day trial period. It's to insure our guild members are not just in it for the money." Utama says. "I suppose that makes sense." Misaka and Utama walk to the guild hall and open the door. "Weltome bake yous guys. Yous guys tame backed reallllly early its a almostest day time." Yamato says drunkenly. "Yamato it already is daytime." Utama says shaking his head. "The-There weas a qweast post wall." Yamato says still drunk as he points to the quest board. "What? Why didn't you say that in th- never mind because you're drunk as hell, idiot." Utama says as he walks over to the quest post wall. "Kill 15 Goblins on the outskirts of Komza Village. Misaka, I want you to complete this quest. The guild needs the money for repairs." "Yes sir, I'll get ready for my journey to Komza Village tomorrow." "Let's head to bed though team it's been a long day." Utama says tiredly while picking up Yamato off the ground and heading upstairs. while Misaka trails behind. They all go into their rooms except Yamato because Utama had to drag him into his room. Misaka gets changed in her room and lays on her bed and covers up, then slowly drifts asleep.

It is now the next morning.

"Everyone get the f*ck up! Daichi is arriving today!" Utama yells as his voice shakes the walls. "Shut the f*ck up!" Yamato yells, angerly. "I am hungover!" Yamato yells. Utama walks up the stairs and opens Yamato's door and pulls him out of bed. Misaka gets up and gets dressed then walks out of the bedroom. "What is going on out here?" D opensMisaka asks Utama. "Daichi our new accountant is arriving today meaning we can set the guild on course!" Utama says excitedly. "Oooo that's perfect! I am excited to see our little guild grow and become a powerhouse. There is a knock on the guild hall's door. "H-Hello? Is this the Shadow Light guild hall?" The disembodied voice says. Utama rushes to the door and opens it. "Daichi, my old friend, welcome!" Utama says while reading his hand out to shake his hand. Daichi hugs Utama and pats his back hard while laughing. "Utama you old dog, how long has it been fifteen to twenty years since we last spoke?" Daichi says, slapping Utama's shoulder. "Something like that. Everyone, I would like you to meet Daichi. He is an ex-royal army Captain and led the royal army special forces the White Shield. He is going to become our new accountant!" Utama says, yelling. "Our guild is only going to get better because of you Daichi." Misaka says. "Don't thank me, thank Utama for this." Daichi says. "We'll come on in and have a drink or two." Utama says, leading Daichi into the leisure hall.

"Wow Utama, this place is a mess, what happened? "We had the retired guild leader betray us with an illegal guild. They came and smashed up our guild hall and two of our members. Then we went to where they were located and defeated them. Our traitor got away though and we lost a guild member creator, bless her soul." Utama says, somberly. "Your state of affairs seems rough but, your hall is in a good part of town and you get quests faster than some other lower-class guilds so members won't be an issue, funding it will be." Daichi says. "Which is where we come in, us three I mean. We will gather the funding you need. Consider yourself hired." Utama says, holding out his hand for Daichi to shake it. Daichi and Utama shake hands, sealing the deal. Daichi is now Shadow Light's new Accountant! "This is so exciting! We are finally moving up but I am going to go get ready for my journey. It was nice meeting you Daichi." Misaka says. "Wait Misaka, I didn't even get to introduce you two. Daichi this is  Misaka. She is one of our newest guild members but she has already proven herself to be one the pillars that will hold up this guild." Utama says. "Misaka, it is nice to meet you. I hope we can get along from now on." Daichi says with a smile. "Of course sir. Now I must get ready for my long journey ahead." Misaka says as she turns away and heads back up to her room. "This is Yamato. He had a bit too much to drink last night when Misaka and I went out so he is a bit hungover." Utama says. "Hello sir, it's a pleasure to have you here." Yamato says. "Nonsense boy the pleasure is all mine." Daichi says as he holds out his hand for Yamato to shake it. Yamato and Daichi shake hands. Daichi turns to Utama. "For repair costs of this scale, we will need at least 250,000 Rubies. Do you think your team can handle that much?" Daichi says with a serious expression. "Of course." Utama says. "I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Now let's have a couple of drinks so we can catch up, old timer." Daichi says laughing.

Misaka walks down the stairs prepared for her journey. "Alright everyone I am leaving now I just need to stop at some vendors first and then I'll be leaving the city." Misaka says. "Before you go here is a spell book for utility magic. It will help you on your way. Just say the incantation of the spell at it will work." Utama says. "Thank you for such an amazing gift!" Misaka says as she takes the book from Utama. "I'll be off now." Misaka says as she opens the main door to the guild hall and leaves. Misaka walks to a food vendor. "Welcome! We have many types of foods for you to eat and others to poison your enemies." The Vendor laughs. "That last bit was a joke. We don't sell poisonous food here...maybe. I'm kidding, I'm kidding." The Vendor says as he laughs. "Can I just get some sliced pork and beef for the road?" Misaka says. "Of course, you can, that's easy!" The Vendor hands Misaka the meat slices. That will be 125 Rubies." The Vendor says. "That will be fine." Misaka says as she hands the vendor the 125 Rubies.  Misaka walks away as she goes to the City center. She looks at the sign and then walks away headed towards the City gate, on her way she sees Clerical Healings and stops by to see the Cleric. "Hey, Misaka it's so good to see you again and doing well!" "Thank you again Cleric. I am doing great, just some scars since then." Misaka says. "It looks like you're packed up for a long journey. Let me help you." The Cleric goes into a back room and comes back holding bottles of red liquid. "Here are some health refresher potions, these should help you on your journey." The Cleric says. "Thank you so much." Misaka says smiling as she takes the potion bottles from the Cleric putting them in her pack.