Game XVIII: Varkos the Innocent's Slayer

Varkos quickly unsheathes his blade and blocks the attack. "It's gonna take more than that to kill me, little girl. Hey, innkeep we have a feisty one over here!" Varkos says, "Yeah, well take it outside." The Innkeeper says. "Alright, innkeep we can." Varkos says as he pushes Misaka back and kicks her through the door. "I hope you're paying for that Varkos you bum." The Innkeeper says while watching the fight. Misaka stands up groaning and charges Varkos, he blocks it but Misaka takes him to the ground. She punches him in the face. Varkos spits in her face and shoves Ms her off of him. "Where are you from, little lady? Maybe a village I've raided? Or a child I have raped?" Varkos says smiling. She slashes his sword at him as he blocks it. "You have to do better than that little lady." Varkos says laughing, "I'm over here taking it easy on you." He says "Weapon Technique, Flaming Sword" Varkos says as he slides his fingers across his sword lighting it a flame. "What the hell." Misaka says as she steps back. "You act like you have never seen a Weapon Technique before." Varkos says as he walks closer to Misaka. "Are you ready to die yet?" Varkos swings his sword and Misaka dodges it. "You're a quick mover. Let's see if you can dodge this." Varkos charges Misaka, he throws his sword at her. She blocks it he grabs his sword mid-air and slashes her calf. The slash causes 3rd-degree burns. "You see when I slash you my sword creates an opening but, the flames close the wound immediately. So I can slash you as many times as I want! HAHAHA! This is great! This is fantastic. I'll dice you up real good!" Varkos says walking towards Misaka licking his lips

"As if I would let you do that Varkos. You will die here. I am the Shadow of the Left, Misaka of Shadow Light! I will slay you here today! Rrrraahhhhh!!!" Misaka says as she charges Varkos. She swings her sword but, Varkos blocks it. Varkos's sword goes flying through the air. "How did you?" Misaka slashes her sword but, Varkos dodges it and punches her in the stomach. "To slow little girl." Varkos picks up his sword and slashes Misaka but, she miraculously blocks the slash. "Am I though?" Misaka elbows Varkos in the face and staggers him. "F*ck, f*ck you b*tch." She charges him and tries to stab him in the gut but, he trips her. Misaka falls to the ground. "Time to return the favor." Varkos flips Misaka over and tries to mount her, she kicks him in the face. Varkos coughed and wipes his eyes but it was too late Misaka was already up and charging him as she thrusts her blade into his stomach and twists her blade then pulls it out. He coughs up blood. "Looks like I've finally lost." He pets Misaka's head. "Thank you, little lady." She pulls her sword out and stabs her sword through his throat. He gargles on his blood and it pours out of his neck as he falls to his knees. Misaka pulls her blade out of his neck. "You have been vanquished." Misaka says, cutting his ear off for proof. She takes a rag out of her pack and wipes the blood off her blade and throws the rag onto Varkos. She turns around and opens the spell book. "Direct Me Northstar! Shadow Light guild hall."

A compass appears in her hand directing her to the Shadow Light guild hall. She leaves the Vemnos District. "I think I am finally getting stronger." She says happily, This district is so much nicer than the Vemnos District. Misaka arrives at the city center. "I suppose I'll go straight to the guild hall." She says as she walks towards the guild hall. Misaka walks to the entrance of the guild hall and opens the door then walks in. "Welcome back, Misaka." Yamato says, "Thanks Yamato I'm going to go up to see Daichi." She says as she walks up the stairs. Misaka knocks on the door. "Daichi you in?" "Of course, Misaka come in." She opens the door. "I have a quest poster to turn in." She hands Daichi the ear and the quest poster. Daichi opens the quest poster. "You f*cking killed him. This is a stupidly massive achievement. Do you know how many people this guy killed? Like more than 20,000. The fact you killed him is in f*cking sane. I can't believe my eyes. We can get so much money for this. More than likely 30 times the pay if we bring this to the right people. This is perfect. Thank you for bringing this national treasure into my office." Daichi says, amazed. "I didn't know he was that big of a deal. I guess I got lucky by killing him." Misaka says, "Well your luck will put this guild on the map, and guess what. The repairs are finished thanks to you. Yamato is about to go on a quest of his own in a minute and Utama went to buy more supplies. So go relax and unwind somewhere." He says. "Sounds good. Oh! When do I get paid?" Daichi throws a big sack of Rubies at Misaka. "Now."

Misaka catches the sack. "Thanks. I'll buy some new armor with this." She leaves the room and goes to her room, taking her pack off and placing it on the floor while sighing. "That's more like it. I'mma take a nap then go on my shopping spree." She lays in her bed and slowly drifts off to sleep.

Three hours pass by.

She awakens to hear a door slam shut. "Wh-Wha, Hello?" Misaka stands up and walks downstairs. "Welcome back, Yamato!" Utama says as he laughs, "Looks like you got roughed up." Misaka says as she walks down the stairs. "Ah look who it is! The star of the hour!" Utama says happily, we now have a steady supply of booze and food, also we hired a bartender! His name is Jack. He was born in another country but he is a nice fellow. He will be coming by tomorrow also we are going to be recruiting soon for one position. The Shadow of the Center. Which has yet to be filled. So, get ready because we are going to be doing a lot more!" Utama says, "That just means more paperwork for us." Yamato says. "You'll need to strengthen yourselves if you want to keep up with the guild. It's important to have our top brass be the strongest." Utama says, "That makes sense to me. I can already feel a power swelling inside of me." Misaka says, "Which is why I need better armor. Just having leather will not protect me. So, I am going to head out and pick up some armor. I'll be back in a while." Misaka says as she leaves the guild hall.