22|| We need to talk

Matti

I can't get her out of my head. She has consumed every single one of my thoughts. It's a never ending loop of Payton. I can't believe we kissed at the park. I wish these people didn't show up so we could talk about it. We need to talk about it.

"Hey Payton? Can we talk real quick?" I ask her

"Oooooo Pay is in troubleeee" Reese teases like the immature teenager he is.

"Yeah. Let's go"

"Aww come on we wanna hear!" Blake whines

I roll my eyes at all of them and lead Payton up to my room. When we get there I silently shut the door and turn around."So... I just thought we should talk about what happened.. at the park" I'm suddenly extremely nervous to talk to her. What is she thinks it's a mistake? What if she wishes it never happened?

"I agree.." That's all she says. "Listen Matti..." That isn't how I expected this to start. That's how people start heartbreaking sentences that end in pain.

"No, don't say that.. please. God, Payton you kill me. Don't say it was a mistake. Don't take it back. Please." I didn't want to beg her not to break my heart but her presence just does something to me. It's like if I don't beg for her love, I won't receive it.

"What? I wasn't going to say that."

"You weren't?" I ask skeptically

"No." I take that as my chance to step closer to her.

"So.. you don't think that was a mistake?" I ask as I keep stepping closer and closer. "What do u think of it then?" I say when i'm less than a foot away from her.

"I.. I don't know." She stutters, suddenly flustered.

"I think you do" I smile as I say it. I take another step forward and then we're less than an inch apart. "Go ahead.. tell me how you feel." I whisper. She doesn't say anything for a long second, but then she does something I did not expect: she pulls my t-shirt and kisses me. Hard.

I instantly reciprocate her actions and rest my hands on her face. She keeps pulling me closer like she can't quite get me close enough. I smile into the kiss and step forward, making her step backward.

We're walking until her back is against my wall and my weight is holding her against it. Her hands are in my hair and her lips are soft against mine. I hoist her up and she follows by putting her legs around my waist. My hands go under her ass to keep her up and comfortable.

Her hands start moving down my neck and keep going down to my back. She then brings them back up and repeats the motion.

I bring my lips down to her neck and she leans her head back to give me more access. She lets out a quiet sigh of pleasure before bringing my head back up to kiss me.

I'm about to bring her over to my bed when someone starts banging on the door. "Hey love birds! We love that you figured this all out but we don't want to hear it!!"

Reese.

"I'm gonna kill him." I mutter

She laughs and pats my shoulders. I let her down and she straightens out her hair and her clothes. She tries to look as natural as possible.

"I don't want to go back out there." She says

"It was just Reese. He is an idiot. They have no idea what we were doing. The only way they'll know is if you look like we did."

She nods and grabs my hand. I give her a little squeeze of reassurance as we walk to the door.

When we make it downstairs all the guys start going "ooooooo" like immature 6 year olds. Payton tries to hide behind me like it'll fix her problem.

I grab her hand and pull her to my side. I put my arm around her shoulder and we walk to the couches. "Shut up guys you're embarrassing her"

She slaps my arm and says "Matti!"

"What?" I say rubbing my shoulder like it actually hurt me. She mumbles a bunch of mean words directed at me and crosses her arms.

"Oooo Matti isn't getting some tonight!" Reese so casually says

"Dude, you aren't supposed to say that to him." Jesse so helpfully joins in with

"Can you guys just shut up? Thanks."

"Awww someone's mad!"

"Go to hell Reese."

___

HEY GUYS IM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG