1|| Only child

Payton

Being an only child you hope to get all the love from your parents. Get spoiled every once in a while. Well in other peoples lives that happens. In mine? Nah, my parents couldn't give two flying fucks about me. You grow used to it though. You learn to live around their schedule. You learn how to be independent. You learn not to need anyone but yourself. Some people have no one but i'm lucky enough to have at-least one person. That would be my cousin, Ava, she lives 10 minutes away but we see each-other all the time.

She goes to the same high school as me and let me just say we are not high on the social chart. She could be. Honestly, she's fucking beautiful and so so likable. I keep her down on the scale but she reassures me that she doesn't care. I've voiced my concern over how i'm holding her back. And even after the lectures she's given me I still believe I am but she won't leave.

The high-school is only 10 minutes from my house making it 20 minutes from Ava's. We meet at the front of the school every day and walk in together. We don't get very many stares anymore. At the beginning of freshman year we did. Everyone would look at us because we were new and quiet. Fresh meat everyone thought they could fend off of. They were quickly taught that they were wrong. Me and Ava are quiet but we can pack a punch. We honestly are never really noticed anymore. Well let me rephrase, I'm not noticed. Ava is randomly noticed by guys and girls. Like I said she's fucking beautiful.

Ava has no problem talking someone's ear off. She can talk in front of classes or walk up to someone and start talking, me on the other hand can not. I have what doctors like to call social anxiety. I can't just go up to someone and talk, I can't talk in-front of groups, I usually wear a hoodie and hide my face so that I go unnoticed. If people come up to me i'm usually okay because they usually carry the conversation, but that's not always the case. So I stay safe and hide myself, I feel secure and safe when i'm invisible to the people of the high school.

I am currently walking to 1st period with Ava right next to me. She's talking about this guy she saw in her gym class yesterday and how cute he was. I honestly could care less but I listen to every words she says because I care about her. That boy she's describing could burn in hell for all I care unless of course he ended up falling in love with my best friend. Only then would I care who he is.

As we're walking and she's talking I notice that my classroom isn't open. There is actually a line in front of the door. Which is strange because the teacher is usually always here early. Like extremely unnecessarily early. I exchange a look with Ava and then shrug getting in line with the rest of the class.

"Okay Payton I got to get to class, see you at lunch" She said as she hurried off to her class unlike me, she cares about school

"Ava! Wait up i'll walk you"

"Pay, are you sure? Class is starting soon"

"Yea" I shrug because I don't care. So what if i'm late? It's nothing new. You see when you have parents who don't care, you have no motivation to make them proud so you don't try.

Her class was on the other side of the school so it was a little bit of walking for me but I didn't mind.

When I got back to the classroom everyone had entered. I walked in ignoring the teacher and everyone who decided to look at me for walking in late. I went to the back of the classroom and took my seat looking down at my desk.

"Thank you for joining us miss White."

"Mhm" Is the response I gave him. I understand he's the teacher and he "cares" about my future but that doesn't mean he needs to care when I show up, you know? He should just be glad I do.

He started the lesson and I zoned in and out while he was talking. I caught little glimpses of the lesson but most of it was a blur. After about a 45 minute lecture he handed out the assignment, today it was an easy reading passage so I got that done in about 10 minutes. When I finished I stood up to go turn it in.

"Miss White can I talk to you?

"Um sure" I walked over to his desk

"That was your 3rd tardy this grading cycle"

"Mhmm" I say confused

"That means you have detention with me on Saturday."

"Say what now?" I asked raising my eyebrows

"You heard me. You might consider being on time to class from now on." He then waved his hand telling me to go sit back down.

Hell nah. He did not just give me detention on the weekend. Why the hell is it not on a school day? Why a Saturday? Saturdays are for sleep not school. I went to sit down and was on my phone the rest of the class. Angrily texting Ava how Mr. Sanchez just gave me fucking detention. She helped calm me down and when the bell rang I was the first out of that classroom. I was still texting Ava when I was walking down the hall to my locker which inevitably lead to me bumping into someone.

"Yo watch where you're going. I'm trying to text someone here" I saw angrily looking up to see who ran into me. Just my luck, Matthew fucking O'Connor, the star football player. Also has a reputation with the ladies.

He's the typical "bad boy." He is around 6'2 and has dirty blonde hair. He has mesmerizing blue eyes that sparkle in the light. He wears tight fitted shirts that show off the muscles he worked so hard for. He was attractive, is basically what I am saying.

"Sorry... Maybe you shouldn't text and walk" He said shrugging with the idea. I quickly raised my hand to make sure my hood was on because i'd rather not be the reason behind their locker room gossip.

"Whatever" I said trying to walk away but he grabbed my arm "Ugh. What?"

"What's your name?" He asked with slight amusement in his eyes. The thing is he knows me. We went to elementary and Middle school together. I just slowly became quieter and quieter and after 8th grade I dyed my hair and started covering my face. So I guess I can't blame him for not recognizing me.

"Nunya business Matthew"

"You know my name?" He asked raising one eyebrow

"Who doesn't know your fucking name? I go to this school. You're the star football player" I said with my very enthusiastic jazz hands.

"True I guess, but since you know my name it's only fair if I know your name"

"Fine. My names Payton now can I leave?"

"Sure. See you around Payton"

"I hope not" I muttered under my breath.

______

Alright lemme know what you think because idk😭😭

Should I really write this story or stick to just the other one

lemme know in the comments