29|| date night

Payton

Matti barged into my room and said "be ready by 7"

I smirked at him and said "why? You want to take your super hot girlfriend on a date?" He walked further into the room and towered over me.

"Yes. I do. Dress cute." He winked and gave me a peck on the lips.

"I'm always cute." I roll my eyes and push him away. I walk over to my closet and search for an outfit. "Where are we going?"

"You'll find out when we get there" he said while walking out of my room.

"I need to know so I can dress accordingly!" I yelled at his retreating figure. "Asshole" I muttered under my breath.

"I heard that!" He yelled up the stairs. I smiled and yelled back "good! I meant it!" I hear footsteps run up the stairs and my door open once again. "How am I an asshole for bringing my pretty girl on a date?" He stared at me dumbfounded

"Because you won't tell me what to wear or where we're going." I replied crossing my arms and staring him down

"It's more fun this way." He shrugged his shoulders as he stepped closer to me

"You know what else is fun?" I asked quietly while stepping closer to him and closing the space between us. He raised his eyebrows as a sign for me to keep talking. I got on my tiptoes so I could whisper in his ear "telling your girlfriend what to wear" I pulled back and saw that he rolled his eyes.

"You're such a tease. Get dressed" he said as he tapped my butt and then he walked out.

I went back to searching my closet and found a casual but cute outfit. I paired skinny jeans with a tight halter top. I have a pair of tennis shoes and a pair of heels depending on where we end up. I also grabbed a purse and put on light makeup. I wanted it to look like I was trying but also not too hard just in case.

I walked down the stairs and saw Matti sitting on the couch waiting for me. He looked up from his phone and smiled at me "ready?"

"Yep" I replied

"Let's go then" he stood up and grabbed his keys before he grabbed my hand and brought me to his car. He held the door open for me and put his other hand on the car just in case i hit my head. When I was comfortably in my seat he closed the door and walked around to the drivers side.

He drove for about 15 minutes before he turned into a parking lot and stopped the car. We were at a diner that had a park behind it. "Where are we?"

"This is a diner I used to always come to, to escape my usual routine." He said with a shrug. He got out of the car and walked around to open my door. "I thought maybe you'd enjoy it." He smiled at me as he helped me out of his car.

We walked into the diner and we found ourselves a booth. I looked down at the menu and read each option trying to decide what I want. "What do you usually get?" I asked him

"I used to just get a burger, fries, and a chocolate shake. I might switch it up tonight though." He replied

"That sounds good. I'm gonna get that." I smiled cheekily at him as he shook his head and laughed. The waitress walked up to our table and introduced herself.

"Hi! My name is Jessica and I'll be your server tonight. Could I get y'all anything to drink?"

"We're gonna do a chocolate shake. 2 straws please." Matti smiled up at the waiter

"No problem, are y'all ready to order or do you need a few minutes?" Jessica asked

"We're ready. I'm gonna do a cheeseburger and fries. With everything on the burger." Matti said

"I'm gonna do a cheeseburger with no tomato and some cheesy fries, please" I smiled up at Jessica as I finished my order

"Coming right up!" She smiled at us and then left to go tell the kitchen staff our orders.

"You're so cute when you order yourself food" Matti said and I started laughing

"You're so cute when you smile like that" I retorted and he smiled even wider, getting impossibly cuter than he already was. We just stared at each other smiling for a minute before Jessica was back with the chocolate shake.

"One shake, two straws. Enjoy!" Jessica said and walked off again

"You're so cheesy for doing this" I laughed at him while putting my straw in our shake

"Not as cheesy as your cheesy fries will be" he tried to make a joke but failed miserably.

"That was such a bad joke babe" I chuckled as he put a hand over his heart and acted offended.

Me and Matti just chatted until the rest of our order came out. Then it was silent for the most part as we devoured our food. When we finished and paid Matti brought me outside and told me there was more. I was confused because what more could he give me.

The diner was already amazing and I love that it was a place he used as an escape. I loved that he trusted me enough to share one of his places with me. I just love him.

He was smiling so big as he led me outside and around the diner. He started walking towards the playground and I said "if this is when you kill me you're doing it wrong" he looked back unamused and rolled his eyes.

"Just keep following me." When we reached the playground he climbed up the stairs and sat down. The level he climbed up to had a pretty big space for us to fit and didn't have a roof so we could see the sky. "I don't know how you feel about stargazing but I thought we could give it a shot." He looked nervous all of a sudden like he was now unsure of the decision.

"I'd love to stargaze with you." I reassured. He looked up and smiled at me as he laid down and stared at the sky. I looked at him for a moment just taking him all in before I joined him on my back. The sky was absolutely stunning with all the stars shining. We were far enough away from the street that the lights weren't hiding the stars and we could see so many. I don't think I've ever seen stars like this before. They were so bright and so beautiful.

I felt Matti put his hand on mine and I flipped it over to intertwine our fingers. We just laid like that for a few minutes before he broke the silence. "I've never brought anyone here before. I don't even think my friends know I ever came here." I was honestly shocked at the comment because why would he bring me to a place like that.

"Why'd you bring me?" I asked as I sat up to look at him. He sat up too and started playing with my hand as he replied.

"I really like you." He said quietly. He was so adorable in the moment I wanted to freeze time just to stare at him longer.

"I really like you too honey" I said back as I put my hands on his cheeks and made him look up at me. He pulled me into his lap and just held me like I would disappear any moment. He lifted my chin up so I was looking at him and kissed me.

This kiss was different than our usual ones. It had a lot more emotion and feeling to it. I could tell there was an emotion there that he wasn't telling me about. I would give anything to hear it. As I pulled away I just stared into his eyes before he said the next thing.

"Payton, I love you." And I swear time stopped.

An: I figured I could make it up to y'all by updating twice in one day. I hope y'all are enjoying the story!!