41

Kol was still beside her when she woke up the next morning. She smiled at him, pecking his lips before sliding back to the edge of the bed. His arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her on the bed. Moving his upper body, he appeared next to her with a lazy smile on his lips. He loved how she looked in his shirt. "Where might you be going?" His morning voice was rough and spiked her arousal greatly.

"To check on Finn," she patted his arm, meeting his gaze.

"Finn? What for?" His brow furrowed as he let his head fall back onto the bed.

"He tore out two hearts yesterday. People he was close to." Gently, she peeled his arm off of her waist, grabbing her shorts off the floor. Sliding into them, she looked back at Kol. He was lying in her bed, still very much naked.

Noticing her gaze, he smirked at her. "Need something, my darling?" She narrowed her eyes at him, before kissing her teeth.

"Nope. I need to check on Finn." The siphon shook her head, moving over to her bedroom door.

"I'll be here," he announced playfully. Chuckling, she left the room and went done the hall to Finn's room.

Knocking softly, she pushed the door open. Poking her head in, she saw him still sleeping. Closing the door, she moved into bed beside Finn. She used the tips of her fingers trace his jaw, noticing a muscle twitching in his cheek. Gently, she moved her fingers from his jaw to his cheeks, admiring his attractive bone structure.

Eyelashes brushed against her fingers before she moved them down the bridge of his nose. Finn exhaled through his nose before speaking. "What're you doing, my dear?" The man didn't even bother to open his eyes, a smile forming.

"Admiring my handsome boyfriend."

"I thought I was hot?" He muttered tiredly, recalling her strange compliment at the Grill a while ago.

"You are many things, my sweet. How are you feeling?" Her voice was soft, hand moving to comb through his hair. At last, he opened his eyes to meet her gaze.

"You need not worry about me, my love. I'm alright."

Sol hummed before shifting closer to him. "Cuddle me," arms held out for him to move into. Moving his head onto her chest, she continued to comb through his hair. "I'm worried, my sweet. You killed two people last night. People who meant something to you."

"My feelings for Sage have long since faded," he quickly reassured her.

"I believe you, Finn, but Esther was still your mother." He couldn't think of words to say to this. He was conflicted on this situation, despite knowing it was the safest option. Their mother had probably planned to kill them for a long time. It would be no surprise if she suddenly changed her mind. They merely prevented that situation from happening.

"It's alright to miss her. It's okay to remember her as the mother who raised you with love and care. It's okay to be sad, to cry, and even not know what you feel about it all. Do whatever you need to, Finn. I'll be here for you."

Hearing her words snapped something in him, tears welling in his eyes. He didn't speak any words, but he moved an arm around her waist to hold her tight. Sol couldn't see his face, but she heard the occasional sniff from him. She felt like she was the one that did this to him, trying to be so many steps ahead of Esther's plans to kill them. Could she just have prevented that gaggle of teens from going anywhere near Esther's coffin? Was her plan really that necessary? Did she just cause her soulmates unnecessary pain?

Feeling tears fill her own eyes, she closed them. This time was for Finn. He needed to get everything out, and he wouldn't be able to do so if he's worried about her crying. To distract herself from the tears, she began to softly hum a slow tune she recalled from her previous life.

When his sniffs stopped minutes later, she finally spoke again. "Thank you for doing something so difficult yesterday. I can't imagine how that felt for you." Yes, she had also killed her mother, but her's was never intentional. Finn's was not accidental.

"How did it feel for you?" His question came out slow, unsure if it was alright to ask the question. Sol paused, thinking about the question. "Mm, I angry at first. Angry at my father, my mother, myself, the cops, everyone really. Then, when the anger faded and I sat up every night in silence, I was just sad. I no longer had parents, nor friends. The rest of my family didn't want to be associated with me and more. I was completely alone. I suppose I had my therapist, but I was at such odds with the rest of the world, I couldn't even consider letting her in.

Coming here was like a total reset. I could detach that past from who I am now— look at it more objectively. It still makes me sad, but it doesn't hurt as much anymore."

Carefully, Finn turned onto his other side to be facing his soulmate. "I'm truly sorry you had to go through something like that. You did not deserve such pain."

She simply smiled in return, placing a hand onto his cheek. "I'm sorry you had to do something so painful yesterday."

Finn shook his head. "I'll do whatever it takes to protect this family. This is my home now; with you, Kai, my siblings..."

Silently, it hung in the air. Something only those two seemed to know. "You never mentioned her at the family cleanse." She stated, not upset at him.

"I never imagined she'd still be alive. There was no reason to bring it up. None of us were capable of having children until you said Niklaus was. If you got pregnant... if she came for us..."

Sol's brows furrowed at a thought. "I know this is serious, my sweet, but if I had multiple children, fathered by each of you, which she take them all? They'd all be your firstborns, no? Or would she only take the eldest?" She pondered for a moment, not getting a response from Finn who was shocked at the mention of each of his brothers, and him, having a child with Solène.

"Considering what your mother discovered, probably all of them. I do see where Dahlia's anger stems from, but taking firstborns — all of them — for some pseudo-immortality is disgusting. I know I'll be a heretic, but normal witches aren't supposed to live for that many years." Shaking her head, she supposed it was a good thing Freya was still alive, but that meant she had to deal with Dahlia. It was a problem from another day. They were still very much recovering form the ball that only happened last night.

"If you could have our children, not just Niklaus', would you do so? Are you willing to have our children?"

"Of course," her response came immediately. "I'd happily give you each a child. I have a feeling Kol wouldn't be too big on, let's not figure out who the father is, but he could probably be convinced." Looking at Finn's sparkling eyes she turned playful. "I'd pop out one for each of you. What do you think? Wanna help start the process?"

Finn laughed at her words, feeling better after their talk. How he loved his soulmate; she was able to make all the heavy stuff feel weightless with ease. "I love you, Finn. Don't spin me away next time you say it." Teasing the man, she kissed his forehead. "Shall we make breakfast? What're you thinking? I'm kind of feeling waffles."

"Sounds perfect, my dear."