13

Niklaus wanted Solène to finish her lunch, but the Scooby gang seemed insistent on more answers about everything Sol had mentioned, as well as how she knew how to break the sire bond. Thus, the lot of them found themselves back at the dinner table with new company, sans all the weapons that were left outside the front door.

Truthfully, she wasn't sure if turning his emotions off and back on would work, but it did. When faced with someone with so much knowledge, one either fears or admires them. The Scooby gang seemed to be half and half, and then there was Damon who wasn't buying anything he said. Solène let him have his mood, knowing Enzo's sudden appearance surprised him.

Stefan seemed the most intrigued, next to Bonnie, about then extent of the Solène's knowledge. He'd met her not long after she'd started working at the grill. To think she was someone who knew so much about the supernatural. However, he still couldn't understand why he'd chosen the company of the Originals. When he was with them, it was back on a Ripper binge. Being in full control of his emotions, he would not make the same decision.

"Niklaus called you his soulmate," Stefan started form the other side of the table. The group was like opposing sides of a war, coming together at a table. Everyone was silent and serious, one side was the Mikaelsons and Enzo, the other the Scooby gang. Putting herself in charge of this discussion, as the peacemaker, Solène took the seat at the head of the table.

Finn pushed her unfinished plate in front of her with a silent wish for her to finish eating. She smiled at him, picking up her fork to stab into a piece of cucumber. "Yes, it's partly true. I don't want to explain it all again. Whatever you heard over the years about soulmates is probably true." She chewed the cucumber, waiting for the response from Stefan, as he seemed to be the speaker for his side.

"And how is it only partly true for you to be Klaus' soulmate?" The younger Salvatore brother laced his fingers together on the table, eyes jumping from Klaus to Solène.

"Because I'm not only his soulmate. I've got four. I'll let you piece that together. It's not a trick problem." She looked down to her plate to continue eating while the Scooby gang did their mental math, counting the vampires in the room on her side. Caroline, ever a ray of sunshine, pieced it together first, or was the first to voice it.

"You're the soulmate to all the Mikaelson brothers?"

"Ding ding! Caroline gets one point which can be exchanged for one piece of information about anything. If it's something I don't know, I'll give a freebie, giving you two pieces of information." She decided on this game last minute, finding it would spice up the boring atmosphere.

The girl seemed shocked at the offer, but smiled anyways. Niklaus chuckled at his soulmates antics, but Kol seemed amused by the game she'd started.

"Did you want to ask now before we move on?"

"Oh, um," Caroline started to panic. "Would you tell me something that's in store for me? Maybe something I wouldn't ever expect to happen?"

Solène smirked, liking Caroline's choice. She saw enough of the show to know what happened to Caroline; something the girl would never expect. Kol could see the mischievous glint in her eye and it excited him. What information was she going to share? Something shocking he hoped. Maybe bloody?

"Sweet Caroline, you will have children in the future, although not your own, with Alaric here." If Kai doesn't doesn't murder his twin in this timeline, anyway.

Half the table choked on air at the information fed to them. Alaric turned red at the ridiculous idea of having children with a student of his, even though they couldn't biologically be the blonde's.