Chapter Eight

Ohm

I was driving with some sort of excitement in me which I wasn't able to understand. I am happy since yesterday and I don't even know why.

But this excitement is making me do stupid childish things. Why am I interested in picking up Nanon from his house?

This Tu has got my mind all messed up after that conversation.

But anyway. Now that I have already sent an email, there is no way I will back out of it.

I was waiting at a signal when my phone rang.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw the name on the car deck screen.

Should I come over? No I asked in text, now why ask on call.

I was on my way to pick you up. That sounds desperate. He has not even asked me to come yet.

How is Chimon? I have his direct number.

Hey, how are you? I should have asked that first in the message.

What the hell? I have never given this much thought before picking up the call. But if I will waste any more time, it will get disconnected.

I pressed the button to accept the call.

"Hello?" I said finally unable to think of anything else.

[Hello. Ummm... Hi Ohm. Good morning.] Nanon greeted me

"Good morning Nanon." I replied anticipating his response.

[Actually Tie is here and he said he will drop me to office. So...]

Tie is at his place so early in the morning?

Yeah. It's ok. It's fine. They are friends. Just like we are. But I am not there early in the morning. But I was about to. What the hell? Why am I being weird?

"Oh... Hahahaha." I laughed nervously. "It's good actually. I was just worried that you will be late. A-as a boss I should make sure everyone is on time." What am I saying?

[I see...]

I face palmed. "Ummm... then, I'll see you in office?"

[Yes. I will be there on time.] That was totally a taunt right? Or did he take my word too seriously? Did I mess it up?

[Bye.] He disconnected even before I could reply.

Yeah. I did mess it up.

I dialed Tu's number immediately.

[Hello?] She picked up in her usual dull tone.

"I hate you." I said annoyed.

[Tell me something that is not mutual between us.] she replied.

I rolled my eyes. "I called to inform you that I will be late today."

[OK!] She said and disconnected immediately.

That's why I actually feel comfortable with her. She gives no damn. She is the coolest girl I have ever met in my life.

From the next signal, I took a turn to the opposite direction of the office. Now since Nanon, is not available for breakfast, I need another interesting company.

.

When I entered the door of the huge house, it was as usual clean and tidy. The maid saw me and came running. "Good morning Sir."

"Good morning Ms. Dee. How are you?" I smiled at the middle aged woman whom I have seen since I was five-year-old working in this same household.

"Very well Sir. Please have a seat. I will inform Master." She said and left me with a smile.