Chapter Twenty Six

Nanon

When Drake and Mario were making sure that Ohm is completely healed even in his dragon form, I took a chance to talk to Aunt Anaya and Toey.

Chippy's death is not a mystery to us but nobody has conveyed the reason to Toey and Aunt Anaya.

And so for them, it was still their daughter-in-law who had died.

Looking at Toey, I can't help but recall the last few days I spent thinking that I had lost Ohm forever. And I thank god for brining me back to my senses and my memories because if not, then I would have lost Ohm forever for sure.

After that when I composed myself, I decided to have a call with my family on earth once. I am not sure what is going to happen after we go to Venus. But just in case if I don't come back, I don't want to lose this opportunity to talk to them one last time.

I dialed the numbed and waited for Namphah to pick up.

[Non... How are you?] Namphah asked as soon as she picked up.

I smiled. "Alive." I said looking at Ohm who turned to look at me giving me a wide smile. Yes, I am feeling alive again after meeting him. That's the truth.

[Please Non. Do you have any idea how worried we were?] She complained.

"I understand... And sorry for troubling you all so much."

[What are you apologizing for? I am at fault too. Did you... make up with Ohm?]

I paused and recalled that Namphah was there when I fought with Ohm. She knows about it.

"Yeah... Thankfully, he never broke up with me. It was me who acted stupidly."

[Thank god. You were so lost, I was scared.]

I smiled yet again. "Stop being scared and stop getting into troubles now ok? Never... Never go out without informing anyone after this. I hope the two times we faced this was enough for you to learn your lesson."

[Yes Non. I have learnt my lesson alright. I will be careful. And if I get into trouble, you will help me like always.]

I paused and wished for it to be true. But I have a responsibility on my shoulder to save Venus. I cannot be sure of anything until we are over with it.

"Namphah... Can you please pass the phone to Dad?"

[One sec. Mom wants to talk to you.]

I gaped. It's still new for me. Mom Lita has accepted me. In fact, she apologized to me and asked me to live with them as a family. I had to tell them that I was supposed to stay in Bangkok for my job. But still it is nice to have a home to go back to.

[Non, how are you feeling now dear?] I heard her voice from the other side. It was full of concern.

"I am fine mom. Thank you. I heard you were there to take care of me."

[No need to thank your family. I am doing what I should have done long back.]

"Still, thanks."

[When will you come home?]

"Ummm... Soon, mom. I will soon be there." I said wishfully.

[Let me know in advance so that I can cook your favorites for you.]

I simply smiled happily.

[Ok, I I'll give the phone to Ae.] She said and then I heard some whispers on the other side of the call.

[Hello?] A familiar voice came from the other side.

"Dad..." It came out as a mumble. I did not know when my eyes turned teary. Ohm looked at me and immediately walked up to me.