Chapter Thirteen

Ohm

"Why are you dragging me in? Drag that tree out!" Nanon kept screaming while I brought him back to the room.

"Nanon, enough. You need to rest some more before we leave. We cannot be late." I said making him sit on the bed. "There is a small surprise waiting for you back in Bangkok." I adjusted his hair while he pouted.

"I don't want any surprise. I don't like surprises." He was sulking like a baby.

"This surprise... I am sure, you will love it."

When Perth informed be about Namphah and the case, I was overjoyed. I remember Nanon telling Tu about his sister. Although the mess she was in was dangerous but am glad Perth and Chimon handled it well.

I tucked Nanon in a blanket and he looked at me still grouching.

"What?" I chuckled and pulled his cheek lightly.

He slapped my hand. "Don't be like this. You will hate me soon."

I sat beside him confused. "Why?" I took his hand in my hand and squeezed it. "Is there a reason to hate you?"

"I am jinxed." He said looking distant. I never thought he will talk about it with me. But he is not stable right now. And I don't want him to feel cheated.

"Nanon... You rest here. I will help mom with..." I was about to get up when he pulled me.

He kept his head on my shoulder and leaned closer. "Don't leave me... Don't ever leave me." He said now looking up and meeting my eyes.

I gulped and held his hand firmly. I tried to smile some. "You know what? I am more jinxed than you are. You don't even know what a mess I am. At least you know about yourself." I said trying to contain myself.

"You are not jinxed. You are beautiful." He said and again went down on my shoulder while looking away. "Whereas I... I used to get premonitions. Since childhood..."

He began telling me everything that Drake had informed me. Of course Drake was stating about the rumours. But Nanon gave me the facts. Everything he has endured. Everything he feels that people endured because of him.

I feel bad for trying to pry on him. I feel bad that I got to know something which he did not tell me himself. But he is saying it to me now. And I will be able to openly talk about it with him. That will make him feel at ease.

I was not shocked when I saw you there between Tie and me. I realised you must have seen it in your dreams but what I do not understand is that if you left office by 8 and came to save me by 11, how did you sleep in between so early? You were also chatting with me in the game.

"But do you know something?" Nanon asked and straightened up. He held my face in both his palms. "I can see you with open eyes."

I met his eyes dumbfounded.

"I saw you even before I knew you." He left my face and held my hand bringing my wrist up. "This bracelet... I could see it with open eyes, without having to sleep."

"..."

Was it why he was so much keen to know whom this bracelet belongs to?

"Chimon used to say that the person with this bracelet must be my soulmate. Now that I know you, I question myself daily. Are we soulmates?"

"..."

"You know what? Nowadays I am facing so many things..." Nanon continued blabbering while I was stoned. "Like yesterday I saw a big dragon in my dream."

I gasped and pulled myself away from him. My mother who was standing on the door too stumbled once and held the door knob to stand straight.

"Y-you... You saw what?" I asked Nanon while my mother walked near to the bed. We looked at each other and back to Nanon waiting for his response.