Chapter Nine

Nanon

I got out of my house and got into the cab. In the morning, out of the blue, Ohm called me asked me to meet me at his home for breakfast.

I am not sure but I had no reason to refuse.

Today only I got to know his address. I will be at his place and the thought is making my stomach churn. I don't know why and what is it that makes me feel connected but I just don't feel so at ease with anyone else like I do with Ohm.

As we reached the location, I got out of the car and paid the driver. I know I need to get in there and greet him and have breakfast with him. That's all. But why am I nervous?

I walked here and there a few steps trying to decide what to say and what not to say.

And suddenly I heard a screech behind. I turned to see a car coming towards me from the diagonal opposite side of the cross road straight in my direction.

I gaped unable to move. Like both my feet froze and I have no way to get out of this. But before anything could happen, a hand pulled me making the car slam into the electricity pole behind me and I was in Ohm's arm looking at him wide eyed and he looked at me concerned.

He held me from my shoulders. "Are you ok?"

I kept looking at him unable to make sense of anything. And then turned to see where Ohm was looking.

It seemed like the driver jumped out of the car a kilometer before it bumped in here.

Ohm's expressions changed. His concern filled expressions now turned into fury. He ran across the road ignoring the horns and almost bumping vehicles straight towards the driver.

"Ohm!"

I ran after him but I was slow while trying to wait for vehicles to pass and give way.

When I reached there, Ohm was already beating the man sitting on top of him. "WHO SENT YOU?"

He was asking questions but he was so furious that he wasn't allowing the other guy to answer punching him again and again.

"OHM! STOP IT!" I yelled. But he punched that guy again.

"Ohm" I held his hand and he turned to look at me. For once it looked like he snarled at me when he wasn't able to control his anger.

But then he slowly calmed and turned to the guy. "Who sent you?" He asked again. The guy was bleeding from his nose and mouth. He was unable to breathe properly too.

"M-my b-b-breaks failed. I j-jumped out of the car b-before i-it could h-hit the wall."

"It was about to hit him." Ohm held him from his collar and gritted through his teeth and staring at him with wide red eyes that could give anyone goose bumps.

"TELL ME WHO SENT YOU?" He shook him holding from his shoulder. The fury in his voice was like a roar that could be heard across the entire crossroad.

"Ohm please. We are lawyers. We can't go against the law." I said still pulling his arm.

He took out his phone and called someone. "Hello? Yes, this is Attorney Ohm Pawat from C Strategists... Yes... Someone slammed the car in front of my house. And I believe it's more than a mere accident... Yes. Thank you."

Within few minutes, a police van came. Ohm was furious all the while. He did not even look me in the eye. When he had called the police, I had requested them to get some medical aid for the guy too. Because if this is an accident, then apart from his injury that he got after jumping out of car, Ohm's punches were lethal.