Chapter Twenty One

Nanon

I entered the house where I have never been to before. Although, this is my parent's house, it is weird for me to enter for the first time.

I saw Nuea's picture and it made my heart clench. I gulped and saw another picture of Nuea and Namphah. I saw dad and my step-mother's picture as well. There was no trace of me in this house.

It was like I don't exist for them.

"You?" My step mom frowned as soon as she saw me. It took her a second to pick up a ladle and throw in my direction. I dodged it on time before she started screaming and throwing all utensils at me from the kitchen while crying and screaming.

I saw my father running out of the room. He froze in place for a second seeing me there. I had this urge to go hug him but he immediately turned away and rushed to kitchen to stop my step–mom.

"He killed Nuea, now he is the reason why Namphah is gone too."

My eyes widened. I didn't care about her feelings for a bit and walked to her. "Namphah? Where is she?" I thought Tie was playing with me. So I decided to come and see for myself if Namphah was safe. But now my gut feeling is telling me that something is definitely wrong.

"WHY DO YOU CARE?" She screamed slapping me.

I don't care about the slap. But I do care about my sister. "Mom please. Curse me all you want. But tell me what happened."

This time my dad answered. "Namphah left the house saying she is going to meet you. And then we couldn't reach her."

"Where is my daughter?" Mom asked angrily.

"..." The vision I had is making me dizzy but I don't know how to form words.

"Nanon, where is Namphah?" Dad asked.

I got on my knees joining my hands pleading. "I don't know where she is but I promise to bring her back."

My step mom fell on her knees crying too. My dad held her trying to pacify but he looked at me when I couldn't stop my tears.

"Is she going to die?" Mom asked crying.

I shook my head but I am choked.

"Nanon, please tell us anything you know." Dad pleaded.

I tried to control myself and held my step-mom's hand. "Mom, I know you hate me, I know I couldn't save Nuea, I know you think of me as curse. But believe me... I don't know where she is. But I will find her and bring her back. I promise to not show my face till then. Even if you don't love me, I love you all the same. And Namphah is a part of my life for me. Trust me, I will bring her back."

We all three wept in the kitchen for some time till my step-mother passed out.

I was sitting outside on the stairs of the house with dad. We both were not looking at each other and I don't know how long it has been since I even got to be so close to him.

"Dad... Did you know about... Venus?" I asked hesitantly.

Dad turned to look at me blankly for once before he nodded and turned away. "I was fooled. She did not tell me anything. I got to know when after you were born..."

I heard and clenched my fist. I did not want to hate the woman who was my biological mother.

"After I got to know," My father continued, "I decided to not let you get into that stuff. I even pleaded her to not tell you the dragon stories. But at the end after she died, she left a curse in you. I tried protecting you too. But when Nuea died, I had no choice but to let you go." Dad was trembling.