Chapter Seventeen

Nanon

Nanon

Ohm and I sat on a bench when many of the fireflies were illuminating the surroundings. It was so serene that I felt happy.

I smiled looking ahead. Then I felt someone looking at me. So I turned to Ohm who was gazing at me with different sort of eyes. His face was fierce but his eyes were tender.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "I brought you to talk and then I went all silent." I smiled and looked down on my shoes. I am feeling giddy.

"I am fine with the waiting." He said with brief smile. "I have been waiting to be able to talk to you for an eternity."

"Huh?" I turned to him confused. "What do you mean?"

He smiled and looked ahead. "There are so many things that I want to tell you. As I am recalling things, I am able to join the dots. But before that, I want to tell you something even more important."

I sighed. "You are always the one who is able to speak your heart out. While I always sit back or... faint?" I chuckled feeling guilty.

He chuckled along and leaned closer taking a deep breath. "I wasn't even able to form words before. So it's nice to be able to tell you how I feel."

I swallowed a lump from my throat feeling weirdly nice as well as shy at the same time. "You mean you liked me from the start?" I asked.

"No. I loved you from the time I saw you." He said. "What I feel is not as small as to be considered just liking."

"Ohm..." It just came out as a whisper.

"Neak." He said with a smile and turned to me. His eyes had this strange glimmer in it.

Neak!

Neak?

I started hearing strange voices in my head. "What was that?" I asked.

"What?"

"Ummm what was it that you just said?"

"Forget it. First tell me what you wanted to say. As you said, I always speak my heart out. So today I want to hear you out." He turned to me with full attention.

I shifted in my seat getting nervous. "You know how strange we both are individually..." I said.

"What?" He asked me almost on the verge of laughing.

"No. What I mean is not that. But what I want to say is..." I turned to him a bit nervously.

I think he already knows what I want to say because he is looking at me so affectionately that I feel like I will melt right now.

I clenched my fist once to stop it from trembling before raising my palm slowly and holding his cheek.

His smile faded and he straightened up looking at me without blinking.