s1 ep16 - Letting Someone Else Go First

"Why isn't she becoming a demon?!" Rui slashes a tree in anger. Y/N stood on the ground her wound healed but no sign of her being a demon. She was still human. But how can she heal so fast? Rui had tried to make her a demon feeding her his blood but the blood simply evaporated from her lips like water touching a hot surface.

Staring at the girl Rui remembered a tale that his master had told him when he became one of the twelve kizuki.

"Rui." The king said looking at the young demon boy kneeling in front of him. "There are three prime objectives in being one of the twelve. The third is to eradicate the demon slayers. They have stood in our path for too long. The second is to find the blue spider lily that only blooms during the day." Muzan stooped and got face-to-face with the boy. "The first is to find the girl."

The girl?

"When I was sick there was a girl with me. We were treated by the same doctor, and while I couldn't wait for him to end his medicine and became the first demon, she waited." The demon king stopped and looked at Rui with a disgusted look. "You don't need to hear more. You just need to know that the girl is not immortal. She's human. She just is always around in some way or other, she is unable to become a demon. Believe me, I tried." Muzan murmured the last part. He looked at the boy again. If you find her bring her to me."

Rui came closer to the girl in front of him and stroked her soft face. "I'm not bringing you to him. You're mine to keep. My beautiful bride." He said as he slowly approached her face and kissed her on the lips.