s2 ep2 - Deep Slumber

On the Mugen Train. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Y/N arrive. Inosuke looks around excitedly with Y/N by his side. Inosuke separates from the girl and goes between the seats of some passengers and looks out the window.

"So fast! Hahahaha!" He laughs out.

"Sorry! We're very sorry! Forget that! Get over here, idiot!" Zenitsu apologies pushing the boar boy out.

"So freakin' fast! Hahahaha" The four of them make their way toward Rengoku.

"He's a Hashira, right? This Rengoku person..." Zenitsu says looking over at Y/N "Are you sure you'll recognize his face?"

"Sure, I hang out with him before, we're friends now!" Y/N exclaims making the trio stop in their tracks and look at her.

"Y/N, you shouldn't go out with everyone you see, it might be dangerous." Tanjiro says grabbing her hand.

"It's okay! He's a nice person!" Tanjiro looks at her worried and prepares to open the door to the next train car with his free hand.

"Delicious!!" The shout rattles the windows. Tanjirou opens the door, as Rengoku eats his bento. "Delicious! Delicious... Delicious!" Rengoku opens another bento box. "Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!!"

"Is that the Flame Hashira guy?" Zenitsu asks skeptical. "Not just some random glutton?"

"Right..." Y/N said looking over at the older man. "Um, excuse me... R-Rengoku?" Two attendants prepare to discard a tall stack of Rengoku's empty bento boxes. The overhead light flickers

"Y/N! My little girl!" Rengoku says looking over at the group.

"HUH?! DON'T YOU DARE CALL Y/N-CHAN YOUR LITTLE GIRL YOU GLUTTON!!!" Zenitsu screams out pointing at the man.

"And you're the kid from that day at the Master's." Rengoku said looking at Tanjiro who is trying not to punch the guy.

"Yes. I'm Tanjiro Kamado. And they are my fellow Demon Slayers, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira."

"I see. And inside that box there..."

"Yes. It's my sister Nezuko."

"Right! That demon we saw that day, huh? Since the Master and Y/N have acknowledged her, I won't say any word for now." Rengoku looked at Y/N and patted the seat beside him "Have a seat here." 

"Thanks!" Y/N says moving to the seat but Tanjiro is quicker and seats right beside the man, surprising and angering Rengoku. 

"Y/N, there's space for everyone!" Y/N smiles and seats beside Tanjiro.

The train continues along. Inosuke and Zenitsu settle for a seat nearby. Inosuke pounds the window excitedly.

"Woah! Haha! Amazing! Being inside the lord is mind-blowing!" 

"I know right!?" Y/N says looking excitedly out the window, having got up to have a better look.

"You're going to break the glass! Calm down already, will ya?!" Zenitsu screams to Inosuke.

While the trio is entertained Rengoku addresses Tanjirou while looking at Y/N.

"What are you four doing here? A mission?"

"We received an order from a Kasugai Crow "The casualties of the Mugen Train are increasing. Join Rengoku on site," he said." Tanjiro recalled the message

"Yes! I see now! Understood!" Rengoku exclaimed.

"Right. Also, there's one more thing. There's something I wanted to ask you, Rengoku." Tanjiro said trying to stomach the anger he felt to the man in order to become stronger for Y/N.