s2 ep3 - Should Have Been

In Zenitsu's dream. Zenitsu runs hand in hand with Y/N through a peach orchard.

"This way! The peaches over here taste great! And there are tons of white clovers in bloom! I'll make you a chaplet! I can make these great-looking ones... Y/N!"

"Yes! Make a lot, okay... Zenitsu?" The girl looks at him while he hops around her.

"Yahoo! There's a river along the way, but it's shallow, so you'll be okay, right?"

"A river? What am I going to do, Zenitsu? I can't swim."

"I'll just carry you on my back and jump right over the river! Not even your toes will get wet, Y/N!" The girl climbs onto Zenitsu's back. He jumps down the side of the hill. "Just leave it to me!" The boy jumps over the river with Y/N.

--

In Inosuke's dream. Inosuke runs through a cave with Y/N, who is dressed like a deer.

"Expedition Team! Expedition Team! We're the Cave Expedition Team!" They sing together. Suddenly Tanjirou, who looks like a raccoon dog, and Zenitsu, who looks like a rat, appear.

"Boss!" Both say.

"What's up, Underling 1 and Underling 2?"

"I can smell the master of this cave over there!" Tanjirou says.

"And I can hear it breathing as it sleeps!" Says Zenitsu.

"Boss!" Y/N says excitedly pointing at a sleeping Mugen Train, which has several legs like a centipede, that sleeps nearby.

"Good job! That's why you are my wife!" Inosuke said patting Y/N's head. "All right, let's go! Showdown!"

"Roger that, Boss!" They all say.

--

On the real Mugen Train. Zenitsu and Inosuke continue to dream happily.

--

In Rengoku's dream. Rengoku finds himself in his family's home. Singurou lies in bed in front of him.

Hmm? Why did I come here? Rengoku touches his sword. Oh, right. To report to my father... that I've become a Hashira.

"So what if you've become a Hashira? Worthless. It means nothing. You're never going to amount to anything anyway. Neither you... nor I." His father mumbles. "First a wife, then a son, now this..." A wife? A son?

Rengoku walks out of the room and toward Senjurou's room. On his walk, he hears a child cry. He opens the door. An older Y/N is holding a baby in her arms. Senjurou is showing different toys to the baby, so he'll stop crying.

"Kyojuro! Was your father pleased to hear your news?" Rengoku just stares at her and the baby, who looks a lot like him, red hair and all. "I'm sorry, he awoke earlier than I expected..." The man approaches her touching her cheek.

"Are you... are you real?"

"Hmm? Of course, I am!"

"Brother, you are acting weird. Y/N is your wife, and Akari is your son." Senjurou points out to him. Rengoku smilies.

"Of course she is! And don't you worry, father was happy! You will have a good life here. I'll make sure of it."

--

On top of the Mugen Train. Enmu stares at Y/N. "God you taste so good. You taste so fucking good." He says biting her neck. "But I can't eat you, can I? Then no more blood will flow! I can't have that!" He stroked her hair. "Should I bring you to him? Should I? Or should I just steal you for myself...."