s1 ep26 - New Mission

Tanjiro and Kanao face each other again at the reflexes test, with the match now very close.

"How amazing." Zenitsu says.

"How strong." Inosuke notes. She edges out of a win by grabbing her cup before Tanjiro can block it.

"That's enough!" Aoi calls

"Kanao, you're really fast." Y/N compliments Kanao making the girl blush in response.

"Today's result is ten wins and ten losses." Aoi states.

"I still haven't trained enough. I'll go for a few laps. Are you up for it?" Tanjiro says turning to me.

"Do we have to maintain Constant Total Concentration Breathing?" Zenitsu asks reluctant, putting himself in front of me.

"Yes."

"Do we have to keep doing this?"

"Zenitsu, don't be like that." I say patting the boy's hair.

"Yes! Y/N! I'll go with you wherever!"

"Monjiro!" Inosuke says excited putting me on his shoulders and running off.

"What a buffed fool." Zenitsu says quickly following the girl.

"Let's go." Tanjiro says frowning. He really wishes that it was only he and Y/N like before.

A few months ago, in a distorted space containing numerous rooms, Lower Six is summoned by the strum of a biwa. *What's this place?* As he wonders, Lower One and Two appear in the space with him. *Is it that woman's Blood Demon Art? It seems that this space is centered around that woman and became distorted.* He notices that both Lower Three and Four are present as well. *Only the Lower Moons of Twelve Kizuki are gathered here. This is my first encounter of this situation. Lower Moon Five isn't here yet.* At the strum of the Biwa Demon, the Lower Ranks are placed on the floor before her and another female demon. *The space moved. It's caused by the Blood Demon Art. Who's this woman exactly? Who is she?*

"Bow your head and kneel. Prostrate yourselves." The woman commands in a familiar threatening voice. Instantly, the demons bow down before her. *It's Lord Muzan. It's Lord Muzan's voice. I didn't realize it at all. His appearance and smell have changed completely. His shape shifting power is so precise!*

"I'm so sorry. Because your appearance and smell have changed—" Lower Four apologizes on the demons' behalf.

"Did I give you permission to talk? Based on your meaningless thinking, you have no right to speak. Just answer my question. Rui was murdered. He was Lower Moon Five. I only have one question. How could the Lower Moons be so weak? Even if you join the Twelve Kizuki, it doesn't signify the end. It only signifies a new start. Consume more humans so that you'll grow stronger. It's time for you to start helping me out. For over a century, the Upper Moons of the Twelve Kizuki have never been replaced. The ones who killed the Hashiras among the demon slayers have always been Upper Moons. What about the Lower Moons? Why are you guys always replaced?" *Even if you tells us this kind of thing, we... "*"Even if you tell us this kind of thing, we..." What is it? Tell me." *Can he read my mind? This is bad. "*What's bad? Tell me."

"Please forgive me, Lord Kibutsuji! I beg you. Please forgive me!" Lower Six cries and begs for forgiveness, only for his master to gruesomely devour him alive, shocking the Lower Ranks

*Why did this happen? Will he kill me too? I finally become part of Twelve Kizuki. Why? From now on, I will work harder.* Lower Rank Three wonders.

"Are the demon slayers scarier than me?"

"No!" Lower Four screams out desperate.

"Every time you meet the Hashiras among the demon slayers, all you think about is running away, right?"