s1 ep25 - Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri

To help him maintain Total Concentration Constant, Tanjiro enlists the help of the mansion's three helpers; Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. He gives the girls carpet beaters and instructs them to hit him if he ever stops his breathing technique whilst he is asleep. The girls agree to help him. Later that night, they watch Tanjiro in his bed and see he is still maintaining Total Concentration. Soon, he begins to snore, leading the girls to enthusiastically beat him awake, startling him.

While being watched by Zenitsu, Tanjiro tries again to maintain Total Concentration; at first, he succeeds again in doing so whilst asleep, only to end up snoring again, to which the girls beat him awake again as told, causing him to ask for another attempt.

"Y/N is not here again?" Aoi asks in the morning.

"Yeah she said she's training with Shinobu-san again." Tanjiro says dismayed.

He continues to train and feels himself getting used to doing it while maintaining Total Concentration. Even though he cannot sustain it unless he pushes himself, Tanjiro Is nonetheless able to do it longer due to his boost in stamina. The next day, in a full-body training exercise Y/N is with him, watching him face Kanao. I cannot humiliate myself in from of Y/N. Tanjiro thinks determined. He is able to keep up with her, much to the Tsuguko's surprise. Despite this, his attempt to grab her hand fails when she dodges in the nick of time, though she is stunned to see him now able to challenge her.

"Good job Tanjiro!" Y/N exclaims going to hug the boy. "You're getting better at this!"

"I wish she could hug me like that." Kanao mutters jealous of the attention the boy was receiving.

"Thank you Aoi-san." Y/N says at the end of the day bowing to the girl.

"No need to do that Y/N! I'm glad you came today! Please come more times!" The girl said blushing madly to Tanjiro's anger.

Training with the small gourd and cheered on by Y/N, Naho, Sumi, and Kiyo, Tanjiro successfully breaks it open with his breath, to their amazement. With only the large gourd left, he celebrates with the girls and thanks them for helping him, giving a kiss to Y/N on the cheek. Zenitsu and Inosuke watch him unseen, both angered by the display of affection.

The next morning, Zenitsu sees Tanjiro has already left his bed to train, and Inosuke is still asleep.

"I wish I could kiss Y/N like that." Zenitsu mutters

"You have to get stronger like Tanjiro." Chuntaro says appearing next to him.

"But I don't know what he's doing! Me and Inosuke are a lost cause!"

"I agree!"

"Will it kill you to be more nice about it?!"

"Work harder to received her praise then!" Zenitsu, thinking about the Y/N's praise, takes the first step to improve and takes his medication, albeit still grossed out.

"Come on, Monitsu." Inosuke says suddenly awaken.

The two consult Shinobu and Y/N.

"Tanjiro is training is a skill called Total Concentration, Constant. By maintaining it throughout the whole day, your stamina can skyrocket." Y/N explains while Shinobu combs her hair. "You can give it an initial try!" After trying the two suddenly collapse in physical exhaustion.

"It's impossible!" Zenitsu yells. "How can you maintain it?!"

"I can only maintain it by pushing myself."

"The skill is basic, even for a beginner, why are you two unable to do it?" Shinobu says behind me.

"Inosuke, as your loyal follower I believe you can do it!" I say getting up and kissing him on the cheek, with his mask on.