Seven

Lia's pov
I woke up around 3 am. I had made my decision about racing and I knew it was the right choice but I was going to be forced to like it because I can't just keep changing teams or trainers all season, especially since it towards the middle now.

Me: I'm going with Kawasaki.

Adam: you ready Lia?

Me: fuck no.

I put my phone down and sorta laughed because there was no backing out now, Adam had probably just submitted the entry and now I'm stuck for good.

"Wake up 43!" Bryce yelled and yanked open my bedroom door, I heard him since he was so freaking loud but I didn't want to get up so I ignored him.

"Dude it's ass crack of dawn. No." I shouted and hid under the covers. Bryce went across the room from me and opened the windows, i was blinded and I groaned. "Practice time, you got 10 minutes." He said.

I sat up and looked at the time. It was 7:30 and I groaned before falling back down onto my bed, footsteps were heard in the hallway and I quickly stood up and went over to my dresser. I put on sweats and a t-shirt and then I threw my leggings into my gear bag as underclothes along with a tank top. I put some more deodorant and perfume in there and quickly got ready before my 10 minutes was up.

Gabriella was asleep on the couch when I walked downstairs and I was jealous because she actually gets to sleep in. Axell was up and making himself breakfast, "Hey have fun wrecker. Be safe and kick ass." Axell told me and I gave him a thumbs up before following Bryce outfront.

Adam had just pulled in the driveway, "well be safe and have fun with Kawi." Bryce said and gave me a side hug, I just smiled and loaded my gear bag into Adams truck and laying in the passenger seat.
"Mornin girl." Adam said and he handed me a redbull, I smiled and thanked Adam as I cracked open the can.

"Forkner's your 250 teammate and McAdoo. They are pretty chill and I'll always be at the Kawi trailer if you need me, the pit guys and mechanics are pretty cool. On the track be aware of Forkner, he's a lil clumsy and makes silly mistakes sometimes and don't let those involve you." Adam told me.

I nodded and played with the sunglasses that were protecting my eyes from nothing since its too damn early for the sun to even be up. Adam cranked up the music and he had a crap ton of energy while driving and I had none. We pulled onto the test track and we were lucky because this weekends race is in Anaheim and they have a good test track, and that means I don't have to travel far for races this time.

The sun was coming up since it was just about 8 am, all the fog disappeared and it was a pretty good day except it was a little windy. I put my sunglasses on and my shoes and then I grabbed my gear bag but I didn't have to unload my bike because Kawi was providing me with a new one since my original one was Honda. Adam and I were walking towards the Kawasaki semitruck and my new teammates came out and greeted me.

"Cameron McAdoo, nice meetin ya." A guy stuck his hand out, he was tall for a 250 rider but I'm also 5'9.
"Hey, Lia Hodges." I said back and we shook hands and smiled.

Forkner came up to the three of us and introduced himself, "Austin Forkner." He stick his hand out and I shook it while saying my name. "Axell's relative?" He asked, "sister." I said and both boys nodded.
"Sick. Anyways wanna go on the test track, see if you're any good?" McAdoo asked.

"Mhm. Give me 10 minutes and I'll be at the gate." I picked my gear bag up and followed Adam to the Kawi trailer, this time nobody was in the for sure so I just quickly changed and put my hair in a braid. I walked outside and put my boots on and walked over to my new Kawi 250 bike. Number 43 was on there and I smiled because they got the number right.

The mechanic came up to me and introduced himself, he adjusted the clutch and did some minor changes to the bike so that I would feel comfortable and like it. "Thanks dude." I said and the mechanic gave me a pat on the back as I put my helmet on and rode to the gates, Adam was holding onto me since he still was like my trainer.

I let Adam get off before going on the right gate area and the Kawi boys were on the left. Adam stood in front of us, "7 minutes races and then extra 2 laps once times up. First across the finish is cool." Adam announced and I rolled my eyes as I put my goggles and gloves on.

"3.....2...........1!" The Kawi guys on the side counted down, the rough gates dropped after 1 and all three of us were off. I was flying at the start because I had to merge over in order to keep a good spot on the first turn. Luckily, that plan worked and I was in first. Some more whoops came up and I realized I had gotten a lot faster and a lot more comfortable in 'em. I looked behind me on a turn and McAdoo was on the side of me while Forkner was right on my ass.

I crossed the finishing jump right after McAdoo did, we both stopped and I fist bumped him.
"Not bad for a girl to keep up." Cameron said and I just laughed while Forkner came up to us.

"you'd be surprised how many people say that." And they both laughed.