Thirty-five

Chase's pov:
I am not even sure what just happened, all I know is Lia is scared as fuck and hella lucky to be alive right now. Someone is after her, or me, and somebody knows where we always are.

Lia was asleep on my shoulder and I needed to tell this to somebody, I decided it wasn't very safe for us to be at my house right now because the person knows we are inside, so I gave Axell a call.

He answered. "Hey whatsup?" He asked, "Lia and I are coming over right now, don't care about your plans but she almost got shot." I blurted out and the other end of the call was silent.

"What?" He said with a concerned tone. "We will be over there soon to explain, Lia's a little scared." I said and he said that was fine. I woke up Lia and she was still not her normal self, "where are we going?" She asked once I carried her to the truck. "Back home, we can't stay here." I said and she looked down at her swimsuit.

"Chase I didn't get my clothes!" She panicked, "You'll be fine, we never got them out of the truck." I mentioned her bags in the backseat and she was relieved and grabbed a t-shirt.

We got to Axell's house shortly and Lia ran inside and gave her brother a hug. "It was so scary Axell, we were outside and then swimming and then we went to the hammock and dogs barked. Then we ran and there was a gun shot, then another one and I saw the bullet in front of my face! I almost died." Lia screamed and her brother just stood there, very confused.

"Woah woah woman, you almost died?" Axell asked and then looked at me, I sort of nodded and his eyes went wide.

"I don't know but someone's after us." I said and explained the window story that happened about 2 months ago. Gabriella was comforting Lia while Ava was asleep in her little rocker in the living room. We all sat down on the couch and wondered who this person could be.

"Nobody has ever said anything, none of my teammates. I don't know who the fuck is trying to kill me!" Lia yelled, "ssshhhhh." Gabriella said quietly and pointed to the baby, Lia glared and kept thinking.

"Ok Adam, Forkner, and McAdoo are coming, same with their wives" Axell said when he got off the phone. "Why are they going to be any help?" Lia asked and Axell just rolled his eyes.

After watching tv for 30 minutes, all the riders started to show up. We all got in the living room and explained what happened, all the wife's went to comfort Lia while the guys were thinking of any racers who hated me or Lia. Nobody could think of anybody until Adam thought about Lia's past.

"Ryder!" Adam yelled. We all looked at him in confusion except Axell, he narrowed his eyes and turned his total mood. "Motherfucker if it is him, I will kill that guy." Axell said and we all looked at him, still confused.

"Did you just say Ryder?" Lia came around the corner, "Lia we don't know yet, maybe?" Adam said and she had tears building up. "No it's not him, he's in prison." Her voice was shaky. "It can't be!" She said and started to breathe heavy. "Ryder's in prison. He's staying there forever, right Chase?" Lia asked me.

I blanked, I knew this Ryder dude was a jackass to Lia but I didn't really know any other information other than the fact her would abuse her and yell a lot. So I couldn't really tell Lia anything.

"I don't know, yeah probably?" I said and she started to stumble, I quickly went up to her.
"He deserves to be in prison for life. He's the biggest jerk in the world, he can't escape. He wouldn't even know where I am at? What if he's my stalker, what if he is trying to kill me?" Lia was panicking.

I brought her to a chair around the table with the Kawasaki boys and she looked at Adam.
"Calm down, Lia he did not escape. Just go to bed and we can talk more in the morning." Adam said and nodded at me, Axell was still different but he told me to go with his sister. I said goodnight to them all and followed Lia upstairs.

Adam had brought her bags in from the truck and she smiled at him, but it was fake. She told me goodnight and went to bed in a t-shirt and a pair of my sweats. I closed her curtains and laid down right next to her and played with her hair until I fell asleep too.