Fifty-two

Lia's pov:
Press day was over and Chase and I checked into our hotel for the weekend, he took a shower and then we doordashed some Chipotle because that's what I was craving.

We watched some tv and I fell asleep on Chase's lap with my bowl on my stomach. That night, I slept amazing and it has been a real struggle for me to fall asleep comfortably.

"Morning prettygirl." Chase said once I opened my eyes, it was 7:30 and we needed to be back at the stadium at 8 but luckily our hotel was only 10 minutes away. I got dressed into a t-shirt and some leggings and I brought a sweatshirt for tonight just in case it got cold because Florida has some weird weather.

"Let's go." I told Chase and grabbed my phone and sunglasses after doing my makeup and Chase had already loaded his gear bag into our Uber.

"Hey you didn't have any morning sickness?" Chase whispered to me, "it's been getting better but don't jinx it." I said and he laughed. I took a short nap on the way there and then quickly woke back up once we got to the parking lot, we thanked our Uber and then I followed right behind Chase while we walked to the pits. "I'm gonna go to Kawasaki, I'll meet up with you for track walk." He gave me a kiss and waved goodbye.

I walked over to Kawasaki and I saw Forkner sitting on the table and talking to his mechanic.
"Hey whatsup Lia?" He asked and I just shrugged your shoulders, "where's your gear?" I took a deep breath. "I'll tell you tonight the real reason but let's just say I'm not feeling well and I can't ride the rest of the reason." Forkner's jaw dropped. "What the hell?" He asked and I laughed. "There's a good reason." I said and he glared at me while McAdoo walked out of the trailer and asked me where my gear was, I explained the whole story again and he groaned. "Now I can't beat your ass tonight!" Cameron said and I glared. "Oh shut up I would have smoked you and you know it." I said and Forkner laughed.

All of us were talking for a little while until Adam came walking over, he waved to the boys and then came over to me. "You doing ok?" He whispered when he gave me a side hug, "perfectly fine." I said back and Adam smiled. "Ok why are you guys getting along?" McAdoo asked and I just looked at Adam and smiled while he shrugged. "What's going on?" Forkner asked. "I said I'll tell you later." "Whatever."

Track walk was in like 10 minutes and so I said bye to the Kawasaki boys and walked over to Honda, Chase was playing on his phone and I snuck up behind him. "Hey." I said and he just turned around and laughed, "I heard you from a mile away." Chase said and I pouted, "it's so fucking hot. I'm like overheating." I complained and Chase agreed while getting me a water bottle, I thanked him and chugged the whole thing, then I had to pee.

Chase came inside the trailer and got me for track walk. "No more walking! My ankles are swollen." I groaned and Chase lifted up my ankles, I started laughing and then I almost fell over. "Asshole." I mumbled. He put his arm around my shoulder while we walked into the actual stadium and met up with some of the other 450 riders while scoping out the track for tonight.

I saw Lennon running and I quickly picked her up and she squealed, "Lia!" "Hey where are you going?" I asked and she pointed towards Gabriella and Ava, I held onto Lennon and we walked over to Gabriella and I put Lennon down. 7 months old Ava was in her carrier and Gabriella huffed and set it down, "damn that's heavy." I laughed and gave her a hug, she put a hand on my stomach. "Feel it kicking?" Gabi giggled.

"Where's my brother?" I asked, "I walked in with him but now I lost him." She said and I nodded. We were talking for a bit while Lennon was playing with Ava, Paige came over and started asking about the baby shower. "I am so excited for you!" She said and gave me a hug, "shhhh barely anyone knows here." I said and she put a hand over her mouth while we laughed. We talked for the rest of the track sight and then everyone started walking back, so we did too.

The pits opened and a lot of people were here. I stayed either with Chase or Adam the whole time and while I was sitting down at Kawasaki, I looked up for one moment and my heart almost skipped a beat. I was shocked. It couldn't be. I didn't know what to do, do I go inside and hide?

He turned around and we mad eye contact, he smirked and my stomach flipped and my heart was beating really fast in a bad way. He started walking towards the pit I was in and I felt sick, I looked back down at my phone and tried to distract myself by texting Axell.

Me: Ax Ryder's here
I pushed send but I had shitty service and it wouldn't send, I started panicking. All the Kawasaki boys were too bush signing autographs and Gabriella was not in sight.

"Did you miss me?" I heard and I tried not to make eye contact, "look at me Lia, lemme see you gorgeous face." He said and I stared at the floor. "Bitch listen to me." He said in an angrier tone. I quickly looked at him and he grinned, "I missed you baby." He whispered and stood as close as he possible could without crossing the barrier to the tent area. "Get away Ryder." I whisper-yelled, he put a finger under my chin and forced me to stare at him. I felt sick.