Sixty-eight

Chase's pov:
I had just put my gown on and Lia groaned because the contractions were getting closer and closer.
"You sure this is a normal thing?" She asked and the nurse laughed, "yes that means it almost time to push." She explained. "Oh God please help." Lia mumbled and we all laughed.

A few more minutes passed by and the doctor said Lia was ready, "last few moments before you both are parents." The doctor said and I squeezed Lia's hand and gave her a kiss right before the sat up.

"I love you so so much." I said and she smiled back, "me too Chase."

"Ok one more big push Lia." The doctor said and Lia opened her eyes and she was out of breath.
"I....I..I can't." She said and closed her eyes again. "Come mama one more try." I said and she glared at me.

"He's right, the baby is right here and we need one more push." The doctor said and Lia groaned and then she squeezed my hand so tight, it turned white. There was silence and then she laid back in exhaustion, then there was a cry that I had never heard before, I looked at the doctor and he was holding a little baby girl.

"Here she is!" The nurse showed us baby Nova real quick and then she took her away to go get cleaned up, another nurse came over and made sure Lia was all clean and fine after.

The nurse came back with Nova and Lia carefully took Nova from her arms, "she's so tiny." Lia whispered and a tear rolled down her face, "welcome to the world Nova Blake." The little baby opened her eyes and the color was identical to mine. "She has your eyes." Lia smiled at me and I grinned back.

"She has your nose." I said and sat next to Lia on the hospital bed, the room was empty except for our new little family. I smiled and put my arm around Lia and put one of my fingers on Nova, "my girls." I said and Lia smiled, I leaned down and gave her a kiss. "I love you." She told me. "Love you more." I said back.

Lia's pov:
After feeding Nova and then getting a nap, I was allowed to have some people visit Nova. The first person I called was Axell because he needed to come see his new little niece, "she's adorable." Gabriella squealed and Chase handed Axell the baby. "Woah she's much tinier than Ava was." He said and I laughed.

"Yeah she was a little early girl." I said and Chase nodded.

Gabriella and Axell left so Chase called his dad, I was super scared because I had never even met him before so my first impression is right after I gave birth. "Don't worry, he'll love you." Chase stood up and held Nova close to his chest. "I think she stole your heart away from me." I said and he laughed. "Maybe."

"Hey dad, this is my fiancée Lia, Lia this is my dad Keir." Chase introduced us and I smiled while standing up and walking over to shake his hand. "Here's your grandchild." I said and showed Nova her grandpa, I had never seen a guy look so happy to meet his grandchild.

"What's her name?" Keir asked, "Nova." Chase responded. "Little Nova you are gorgeous." He held Nova close to him and I saw the resemblance between him and his son. "Sorry your mom couldn't make it, she's in Oregon for a business trip." Keir apologized and Chase nodded.

He visited for a little longer and he asked me a lot of questions because I'm now apart of their family.
"We'll see ya guys, nice meeting you and take care of Chase would ya?" Keir waved bye and walked out the door. "Your dad reminds me so much of you." I said and Chase paused, "good thing or bad thing?" "Good." I said and he kissed me. "Good."

Paige and Christian also came to visit, Paige was so happy to finally meet Nova.
"It's me Auntie Paige! Nova I promise your mommy and daddy will love you so much, be careful about your attitude to your mom though, she's got the same amount of sass." Paige held Nova and whispered, Chase laughed and I glared at her and then pretended to laugh. "You are so funny Paige." I joked.

All our visitors went home and Nova was asleep in my arms while Chase was knocked out on the couch, the nurse came in and told me something heartbreaking. "Since the baby came a few weeks early, we need to keep her overnight in the NICU just to make sure she's all healthy, but you guys can visit her in the morning." She said and my smiled faded and my heart broke. "She'll be ok right?" I asked and she nodded, but for some reason I didn't fully believe her.

"Lia what's wrong?" Chase woke up and looked at me, tears filled my eyes and I just sat there and cried silently and ignored his question. "Hey what's wrong?" Chase came over and sat next to me, he put an arm around my shoulder. "Where's Nova?" He asked.

I finally wiped my eyes and managed to explain, "Nova has to spend the night here. She was born a few weeks too early and they need to make sure she's all healthy before she can leave- but I have a feeling she's not healthy." I told Chase and he frowned, "no she'll be fine, Cmon let's get you home, it's getting late." Chase said and then the nurse came in one last time and said I was cleared to leave.

I didn't want to leave, I took the longest time saying goodbye to our daughter in the tiny NICU crib, then tears appeared again once Chase held my hand and dragged me out to the car.