Seventy-four

Lia's pov:
I woke up in a sunny hospital room, I looked around to see Chase playing on his phone and there were many papers on a table next to me. I rubbed my eyes and then Chase looked at me and he smiled and walked over to me, "morning Lia." He said and kissed me. "Where's Nova?" I asked and sorta panicked, "she's with Paige and Christian." He told me and I calmed down. "Oh. So what's wrong with me?" I asked.

"Well the doctor said you have 2 broken ribs from the airbag but that's all and bruising." Chase said and I nodded, "at least I'm not dead." I mumbled and Chase laughed, "that's a good thing."

He pulled up a chair to the side of the hospital bed and held my hand while we talked, "listen, Nova doesn't hate you, you are the best mama ever to her, she's just stubborn." Chase said and I glared at him. "Sure, that's why I can't make her be quiet for 2 seconds." I said and he laughed.

"I guess all the things going on made me realize that I do need Nova when I'm alone because she's like a built-in best-friend right?" "What are all the things going on?" He asked and I paused. "Lia tell me."

I stayed quiet for a few moments because I didn't even know what to say, what if he was watching me right now? What if he was the one that crashed into me?

"Lia?" A nurse asked and I snapped out of it and wondered when she got there. "So you're all clear to go back home but one test came back positive." She said and I looked at Chase with worried eyes, he squeezed my hand and gave me a hopeful smiled right before the nurse said what it was.

"Congrats you are expecting!" She looked at me and smiled, my jaw dropped and I got the shivers, I looked over at Chase and he just stared at nothing. "Like another kid?" He asked and she nodded. "Oh." Was all he said and the smile on my face disappeared, "I'll give you two a moment." The nurse walked out of the room and it was silent.

"Chase are you ok?" I asked and he ignored me then he stood up and walked over to the window and just looked out at all the buildings below. "Talk to me." I said and he didn't even look my way, "Fine." I mumbled and stood up and took a deep breath which really hurt my ribs.

I thanked the nurse and told her my fiancé would probably be awhile in there, she nodded and then told me goodbye.

"Gabriella?" I said when she answered, "what's wrong Lia?" She asked. "Can you come pick me up from the hospital?" I asked and she agreed. Shortly after, she came inside the waiting room of the hospital and she saw me sitting there, "get me out of here." I said and she nodded while we walked to her car.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted and broke the silence on the car ride home, "you're what?" She asked and pulled over on the side of the road. "Does Chase know, wait it's his right?" Gabi asked and I nodded as tears rolled down my cheek. "He's ignoring me since the nurse told us today-I'm scared Gabi." I said and looked at her. "Calm down Lia, Chase loves you so you don't need to worry, he'll you guys are getting married next month!" She said and I groaned.

I made Gabi drive me to Paige's house to get Nova and I thanked her, then we drove to Axell's house because I can't be home right now.

"Again?" My brother asked me and I tried to laugh but it came out as tears again, "I'm only 3 weeks though but Chase is being a dick and ignoring me." I explained, "it's like he doesn't want another kid." I said and Axell frowned. "I'm sorry sis." He said and gave me a side hug, I wiped my nose and half-smiled.

Ava was playing with Nova on the rug in front of us and Nova started crying, I picked her up and tried to shush her, but it didn't work. Gabriella gave me one of Ava's bottles but she just cried even harder, "shit her stuffed animal is at home." I said and my baby looked at me for a second when I mentioned her animal, then she went back to crying when she realized I didn't have it.

"Here ya go Nova." Axell handed her one of Ava's toys and that took it but kept crying.
"Oh god just please Nova, shut up." I complained and my brother laughed at me, "lemme have her." He said and I handed Nova to him, she slowly stopped crying and then a smile appeared on her face when Axell was tickling her. "I don't get it." I mumbled and Gabi laughed and then I followed her into the kitchen, she was making lunch and invited me to stay, "sure." I smiled and helped her while Axell played with the girls.

The afternoon went by quickly and I helped Gabriella clean the house because Axell was an amazing babysitter, "well I'll go home and see if Chase will talk to me." I said and Gabriella nodded, "you guys will work things out." She said and I gave her a hopeful smile, I gave her a hug and thanked her for everything, then I grabbed Nova and put her in her car seat and Axell dropped us off at Chase's house.

I saw Chase's truck in the driveway so I took a deep breath and walked inside while carrying Nova's heavy car seat. I looked around the kitchen and Chase wasn't in there, I walked in the living room and he was sitting there, with a beer bottle in his hand and another on the end table.

"Oh fuck." I said so quietly and then he saw me and paused.