Seventy

It was the next day which meant today was my baby girl's first birthday, everything has gone by like a blur. From Nova's first Christmas with Axell and his family, to New Years with Austin and Rylee, and many more holidays, our little baby is now 1.

"I can't believe one year ago I pushed you out." I said and picked up Nova, she giggled once I tickled her belly and then she smiled past me. "Da-da." She reached her arms towards Chase who had just entered the room behind me, "total daddy's girl." I mumbled and Chase laughed while grabbing her.

"Don't be jealous." He put an arm around my waist and pulled me close, he leaned in and kissed me while I blushed. "No no." Nova mumbled and I rolled my eyes. "I can't do anything with you!" I said and Chase leaned in, "tonight you can." He whispered in my ear and I got butterflies in my stomach.

"Come on Nova." Chase followed me downstairs and I showed Nova all her presents, she smiled and started to walk over towards them. "No no no, not yet Nova Blake." Chase scooped her up and she cried while reaching for the toys, "she's all yours now." He said and I rolled my eyes but smiled while grabbing my one-year-old.

"Here's one present for now." I said and handed her a fluffy bunny that was the size of her, she mumbled and drooled all over me and hugged her bunny. "I'm glad she likes it." Chase said and I nodded.

Chase's pov:
Lia and I had planned a birthday party for Nova so we put her down for an early nap at around 10 and we started decorating our house in pink and white and the number 1. We finally finished and the place looked perfect for a party, Lia finished setting up the table and then she smiled.

"Thank you." She said and I pulled her in close, "your welcome." I said and she paused. "No thank you for everything, thank you for sticking with me even though we weren't married, thank you for being the best father to Nova and the best fiancé to me." Lia said and I smiled, "your welcome pretty girl. And I'd choose this life all over again if I had to." I gave her a kiss and then we heard a knock on the door.

"Could you get that, I need to get dressed really quick." She asked and I nodded while she ran upstairs and I opened the door. Axell, Ava, and Gabriella were standing there with a present in each of their hands, "come on in guys." I said and they put the presents down with the rest. Axell and I were talking about dirt bikes while Gabriella went upstairs to find Lia, "well you survived the first year with a kid, hows it feel?" Axell asked and I laughed. "It's great except Nova cries every time we take a toy away or when someone takes her away from me." Axell laughed. "That was like Ava, don't worry she will probably grow out of it." I agreed and we kept talking about stuff while waiting for the girls to come down.

I checked my phone to see I missed a call and text from my dad, "hold up I gotta call my dad back." I told Axell and he nodded while going on his phone.

"Hey dad whatsup?" I asked, "how are you guys doing, we haven't seen you in awhile." My dad told me and I laughed. "Yeah sorry we have a busy schedule, today's Nova's birthday and we've been planning her party for a few days now." I explained, "Yup that's why I called, you and Lia can have a date night or something while your mom and I will watch Nova tonight. I mean if you wanted." He said and I agreed.

"Ok well you guys can come get her at 4." I said and my dad agreed and then hung up the phone.

"Date night, wow you better be careful bud." Axell slapped my shoulder when I walked into the kitchen, "didn't mean it but I overheard." He said and I shrugged my shoulders, "we haven't had a break since Nova was born." I said and he nodded.