Thirty-six

Axell's pov:
I was pissed. I had totally forgotten about Ryder but once Adam brought him up, it was kind of hard for me not to believe it wasn't him after my sister.

I knew he was always a jerk, but I didn't want to tell Lia because she chose him. And after they broke up, I made sure he stayed the fuck away from my sister. He got put into prison for doing something with another girl a few months after the breakup and I thanked God that it wasn't my sister involved. But something just seems off and I had a feeling that Ryder was behind this stalker or whoever is after Lia and Chase.

Ava started crying around 7 am and I didn't want her to wake anyone else up, so I quickly went to the nursery and made her a bottle before she got all cranky. I held the tiny girl in my arms and everything still felt like a dream, it wasn't any different being a dad but that's just because Ava is still young. But once she's able to move around more, then life will completely change.

Gabriella woke up about an hour later and Ava was asleep on my chest. I gave Ava to her beautiful mama and started making breakfast for everyone, the Kawasaki boys went home around midnight because they kept asking about Ryder and this whole stalker situation. I knew Lia was going to be safe now because she's got me, Chase, Cameron, Austin, and Adam looking after her and we will make sure she's protected from anybody.

"Morning." I said and gave a plate of food to my sister when she woke up, she just looked at me and declined the food. "Lia eat." I said but she ignored me and just sat on the barstool.

Chase came downstairs a few moments later and he took a plate of food. He sat next to Lia but she didn't really say anything, I heard her mumbled 'morning' but that was all. She had a frown on her face the whole morning and I knew today was not going to be fun to hang around her.

Gabriella and I decided to go for a walk on the beach since it was a nice day outside, we left Ava with Chase and Lia because they said they could handle her.

Lia's pov:
Ava was taking another nap while I was watching tv on the couch, I didn't really want to do anything today except stay inside. I was honestly scared to even go in the backyard but I knew I couldn't be scared forever. Chase went upstairs to take a shower when baby Ava started crying.

I quickly got up and went to the fridge to make her a bottle, she started getting really cranky in her rocker and I was trying my best to be quick. She cried loudly and I brought the bottle to her and held her close. Ava was done with her bottle and I set it down before she started crying again.

"Shhhhh ssshhhhhhhhh." I tried to keep her quiet but nothing was working, peek a boo didn't work, tickling her didn't work, literally nothing. Her diaper was dry and I tried to burp her but nothing made the little baby shut up.

"What do you need Ava? Stop crying I'm here for you." I said in a baby voice but she looked at me and kept crying. "What the fuck is wrong with me! I can't even make a baby stop crying." I yelled at myself, Chase was coming down the stairs and saw me yelling.

"Hey hey hey, pretty girl." He came and put an arm around my shoulder, "what's wrong?" He asked.
"I can't even make a damn baby quiet, I'm useless!" I had tears filling my eyes and I don't know why.

"I'm just a screw up." I mumbled and Chase took the crying baby from me, of course Ava stop crying once she was in his arms. "Lia do not say that about yourself." Chase got after me and I stayed quiet.

After a few moments of silence, Ave fell back asleep and Chase set her down.
He looked at me and I sighed, "Lia Hodges. You are not a screw up, you are an amazing girl, even better girlfriend. I love you and a lot of others do too. Don't call yourself a screw up because one baby is crying and you can't fix that." Chase looked at me and I couldn't make eye contact, he lifted my chin and gave me a lighter kiss but it made my shoulders drop and I relaxed.

Axell and Gabriella opened the front door and Gabi quickly came back to her baby.
"I missed you, yes I did!" She said in her baby voice and Axell laughed, Ava had a little smile on her face.